Author Topic: Burris Landmark Spotting Scope - good?  (Read 676 times)

Offline gerry@fundy.net

• Trade Count: (0)
Burris Landmark Spotting Scope - good?
« on: December 18, 2003, 02:48:05 PM »
I am considering purchasing a Burris Landmark 15x-45x60 spotting scope.  Are they good?  Has anyone had a problem with them?
Gerry

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 03:09:17 PM »
I personally like the Nikon's a little better.  Yes, they are a little more in price but well worth it.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline smokey66

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 10:18:36 AM »
good question. i am interested in the 20-60x80 Burris Landmark. Cabelas has these spotting scopes at very attractive prices. does anyone have any comments or opinions about these spotting scopes? if their spotting scopes have the same clarity as their rifle scopes then count me in....

Offline gerry@fundy.net

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 01:34:43 PM »
I bought the Burris Landmark.  Other than the fact that the front lens cover won't stay on, I am quite pleased with it.  My old Tasco works well but is a fixed power 25x50.  That worked well out to 100 yd. but I now shoot on a 1000 meter range so the extra ower is an asset as is the 60 mm objective lens.  I seldom shoot at more than 200 meters and the Burris 15-45x is adequate for that.  
Gerry

Offline smokey66

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2003, 10:06:34 AM »
gerry, give me the report on that scope. what is the clarity compared to your old tasco. tell me what you like or dislike about it. got some CHRISTmas money burnin a hole... :P

Offline gerry@fundy.net

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2003, 12:05:47 PM »
I bought it from a friend who bought it new on e-bay earlier this year.  It isn't this year's production because it isn't rubber armored as they are now acording to their webb site.  I find it a bit clearer (50mm vs 60mm) and the greater magnification is useful.  I have been getting by OK with the Tasco for 5 or 6 years now and it has given good service and works well to 100 yds.  Since I started shooting at longer ranges, I felt a need for more magnification.  The Burris only has a one year warranty while I believe the Tasco has a lifetime warranty.  I will keep the old Tasco as back up, it still works well.  I paid about the same as I would have buying mail order.  I just saved the tax, shipping and customs duty (I live in Canada and haven't been able to find them in here).  They were recently (and likely still are) on sale somewhere on the internet.  I did a search on Google .com and came up with several good prices from well known mail order firms.  I just don't remember who had the best price.
Gerry