Author Topic: Photos from the Support Scott Walker Rally  (Read 873 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Photos from the Support Scott Walker Rally
« on: February 19, 2011, 02:06:30 PM »
Here are some interesting signs from the people we attended the rally with. The little woman and I stayed about 4 hours. Talked with a lot of people. A crowd estimator I talked with said there were about 7500 Walker Supporters, and 35,000 Supporters of the government employees labor unions. He was a backer of the government employees union and yet indicated that approxiamately 10,000 of the 35,000 were of the Rent-A-Mob variety. He was worried with that many plants, trouble would break out but nothing happened that we saw.

There was a very large presense of law enforcement separating the two factions especially when the pro Walker speakers were giving speeches. We were not able to get close enough to hear the speakers and the union side was chanting several little slogans to try and drown them out.

I don't think anyone changed their position, and from the Walker supporters I talked with, the walkout of the teachers and the democrat lawmakers has galvanized more people in their local areas against the government employees unions.

I can't see where anything is going to change and the votes are there to pass the bill.

The first pic is about as close as me the the little woman got to the capitol and the podium with the speakers. The others some of the nice people we attended with from arf.com

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
Re: Photos from the Support Scott Walker Rally
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 02:15:43 PM »
Here are a couple more. I was asked about my camo hat and coat several times. I basically replied that they were my standard issue clothing by Mrs. carbineman, She told the askers that I had my regular weekday camo, my Sunday go to meeting camo and the special camo reserved for weddings and funerals.  ;D

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 07:26:59 AM »
Looks like the realist were in attendance as well!  ;D  The troubling part is that they were the minority.  Good on ya for attending.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 03:03:56 PM »
I was told that there are 98,000 teachers in the Wisconsin school system. Not all of them were there. I am specualating just by my observances that 1/2 the union side were students, 1/3 were actual teachers and the balance were Rent-A-Mob. As I stated that only those who are in the legislature voting are what counts and they seem to be intent on passing the bill. 8)

Offline Mike38

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 03:31:38 PM »
That was an interesting day for sure. My wife and I went also. We were lucky enough to get almost a “front row seat” in the Tea Party section on the south lawn. It’s the first time I have ever been to anything like this, and I’m sure it won’t be the last.

I got a kick out of “Joe the Plumber”. He said that he got a phone call from the Tea Party Patriots a couple days before the event, asking him what plans he had for the weekend. He said he planned to take his son out shooting Saturday, then go to church on Sunday. My kind of guy! The Tea Party persuaded him otherwise, so he showed up in Madison.

Carbineman, I saw the signs you made up here on this forum Friday. So I tried looking you up Saturday. I did run across a guy there with a sign very similar to your Go Scott Go, so I asked him if he was Carbineman. He looked at me like I was nuts, so I apologized and moved on. Seeing your picture, I know now I had the wrong person. Oh well.

Did you notice the Police Snipers on the roofs of the buildings across the street from the Capitol Building? There was one at ever corner, and at least two on top the Capitol itself. I’m not sure if that made me feel safer or not?

Offline Mike38

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 03:47:35 PM »
A few of the pic I took Saturday....

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »
Mike 38 Sorry we didn't get to converse. I did notice the police on the building but couldn't really tell that they were armed.

Back where we were, we couldn't hear the speakers. But we did end up conversing with some teachers. The message I tried to put forth with them was again "Live your dream whatever that maybe, but don't expect me to pay for it. You take care of your dream and I'll take care of mine."

Most just don't understand this. They just don't get it. The sense of entitlement from the government feeding trough is deeply entrenched in their mindset.

Good pics, thanks for sharing.

Offline Mike38

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »
And of corse, a couple of the Loony Left.....

Offline Mike38

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »
Carbineman, at around 2:30pm I even took a lap around the block when the Union members were marching, just to hear what they had to say, and maybe catch some “choice words” that may have gotten shouted back and forth between the two sides. To be honest, there were “choice words” getting shouted from both sides, but the worse came from the Union members. Realistically, they don’t have a clue. They could care less about the states or the country going deeper into debt. All they care about is their own bank account.

The way I see it, the Unions are going to loose this one, and loose it big time. If they don’t settle for what Governor Walker is proposing, he’s going to lay them off. Now conventional wisdom would tell a normal person, take a cut before a lay off. But Liberals never were big on conventional wisdom.