Author Topic: I finally gave in.  (Read 750 times)

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
I finally gave in.
« on: February 04, 2011, 12:31:56 PM »
My dealer got a mint condition Tracker I 12ga. in a week or so ago and I've been thinking on it since. Well today I called him up and told him to set it aside for me and I'll pick it up on payday. It's got the Speedfeed stock and it's numbers matching unaltered from the factory. I'd rather have the 20ga. but Tracker I's are hard to come by so I didn't want to let the opportunity pass to get this one.
I got him to knock $10 bucks off the price tag so I got it for $109. Not a great deal but not too bad either. :D

Spanky

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
Re: I finally gave in.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »
Spanky nice acquisition!
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 02:03:42 PM »
Ya cant linger on a buy like that!, but I gotta wonder how that is going to hurt you without a good recoil pad buttstock?
'Course you can always swap that speedfeed for one.........
I just popped my old 12 c/w the 'Buck' barrel since the snow on the range is right to see POI without setting targets. Std Federal and Win. Foster 1oz. slugs @1600ish go right where its looking at 40-50yd. (plenty good for deer here in WI). Yours should do as well.
But it is a visious kicking beast!
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 01:59:36 AM »
They do kick a bit,but thats just to remind us that those big foster slugs mean business on the recieveing end.Sounds like you got a pretty good deal to me.I woundn't have passed it up either.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline larry1945

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 01:35:25 PM »
I did not do as well as you but I also gave in.  Been thinking about cutting down my 28" NEF.  I walked into a shop today and they had a H&R Topper "Buck" model 162.  What really appealed to me was already set up for sling and recoil pad from factory.  The peep sight (factory) was what sent me over the edge as I figured would be easy to slide off for rabbit season and other uses with shot.  Cost me $125 but I'm pleased. 

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 03:36:35 PM »
Congratulations, those 12 guage Tracker I's (and other models as well) are great guns. For comfort, DO NOT use 3" mags, or even 2 3/4" mags, you simply don't need them for deer, unless the deer are wearing Kevlar. Use either 2 3/4" standard velocity or even the reduced recoil 12 gauge slugs and you will knock over any deer you see out to 50-75 yards or so....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley