Author Topic: Vortex Scopes?  (Read 798 times)

Offline Steve E

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Vortex Scopes?
« on: February 13, 2011, 04:36:42 PM »
Does anyone here have any experience with the Vortex line of rifle scopes? I'm looking at the 2-7x35mm and 3-9x40mm line.

Steve E.........
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Vortex Scopes?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 01:11:54 AM »
not there scopes but do have a set of razor bincos and there top shelf. Ive heard nothing but good about there scopes but just havent actually tried one.
blue lives matter

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 02:57:52 PM »
look up posts by dalescarpentry.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 09:03:26 AM »
I have 3 of them. A strikefire which is a little dot scope. Dropped on a cement block and broke the turn on/off switch. Sent me a new one with the unconditional lifetime warranty. Crystal clear.

A 6-24x50 crossfire that was on sale for $99. Amazing clarity and brightness. POI shifts from low power to high power so it is just used at 24x on an aspirin gun. Brighter than my 3-9x40 nikon buckmaster at 3-9x. As clear but a hair around the edge is fuzzy. Most likely only brighter because of objective diameter.

http://swfa.com/Vortex-2-7x32-Viper-Rifle-Scope-P11226.aspx Brighter and clearer than the 3-9x40 buckmaster. Same lens quality to my eyes as a monarch.

Molon labe

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 01:20:19 AM »
there warantee is great! I had one of the strikefire redots that was a red/green combo model and it just wasnt bright enough in sunlight and i called them and they said to send it in and they would send me the new just red model for free and it was a brighter dot. I did and it sure was. Those strikefires are a real bargin in a redot. Mine have held up as well as my aimpoints at 1/4 the cost. Only downside to them is battery life isnt as good as an aimpoint but that been said the same batterys have been in mine for over a year. You just cant leave them on all the time like an aimpoint. As a matter of fact they have a automatic timed turn off just in case you forget. Thats fine for a 22 like mines on but i wouldnt want to know that my sight on my ar will turn off when i least expect it. If my strikefire and vortex binoculars are any example you wont find better optics for the money anywhere.
blue lives matter

Offline ecgate

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 03:14:42 PM »
Vortex viper scopes are one of the best scopes you buy in there price range and there warranty is unbeatable.

Offline helotaxi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »
The Viper 2-7x35 for $169 on closeout is the best scope you are going to find anywhere near that price.