Author Topic: Concealed carry in any state with CCW permits  (Read 1588 times)

Offline bigbird09

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Concealed carry in any state with CCW permits
« on: February 15, 2011, 05:34:16 AM »
Came across this and thought it was a good read.  It doen't really help the 2 states that don't allow CC yet (my state unfortunetly), but allows you to carry in any state that does offer CC permits.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=189&issue=003
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

novice shooter, gunsmith, reloader, that is always open to help, tips, and tricks.

Malin v17/.17HMR, Handi-rifle/.223, Mossburg 500A/12g, Winchester 1300/20g, CVA eclipse magnum/.50

Offline PA-Joe

• A Real Regular
Re: Concealed carry in any state with CCW permits
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:11:23 AM »
Many of the listed locations are currently not prohibited carry sites. For PA, this is creating a new listing of prohited sites.

"police stations; courthouses; public polling places; meetings of state, county, or municipal governing bodies; schools; passenger areas of airports; and certain other locations."

Based on this it is not good law!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 07:21:50 AM »
In Va the places listed are correct , where is it not such ? just asking . Keep in mind that some federal laws exist that restrict carry and are above state law.
I would like to see the law pass as it would allow me to tote more places than I can now.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 12:05:28 AM »
Don't ask--Don't tell.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline steg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 06:21:16 AM »
+1 with williamlayton....................steg

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 06:40:12 AM »
Here in Missouri the law states that possession of a firearm, in a vehicle on the premises of places posted, is not prohibited so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises. That includes the following full list of places you can't legaly carry in Missouri;

In accordance with Section 571.107 RSMo.

. any police, sheriff, or Highway Patrol office or station without consent
. within 25 feet of any polling place on election day
. adult or juvenile jail or institution
. courthouse or facilities
. any meeting of a government body ( except by a member with a concealed carry endorsement )
. bar without consent ( I was told this just changed to you can carry in a bar )
. airport
. where prohibited by federal law
. schools
. child care facility ( without consent of the manager )
. amusement parks
. any church or place of worship without the permission of the Minister or person representing religious orginazation
. any sports arena or stadium with seating for more than 5,000
. hospitals
. private and public property where posted

The Missouri Highway Patrol's booklet "Missouri Concealed Carry Laws" says you can't carry on private or public property where posted. You can be denied access or removed from the premises if caught. If a police officer is called, upon the first offense, you can be fined up to $100.
If within six months a second offense occurs, you can be fined up to $200 and your permit can be suspended for one year
If within one year of the first offense a third citation is issued for a like offense, you can be fined $500 and your permit revoked. Plus you won't be eligible for a new permit for a period of three years. Same goes for the list of places where carrying is prohibited.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 07:27:48 PM »
national carry failed the senate last time by two votes.  Hopefully this time....................

Offline bubba15301

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »
bill says you must obey the laws in the state in which you are in at the time.
BUBBA

Offline bigbird09

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 02:21:03 PM »
Well of course,  but what this would allow is for you to get a permit in one state and it be valid in the other states, unlike now where you get a permit in one state more than likely its not good anywhere else, even in the state right next door.

novice shooter, gunsmith, reloader, that is always open to help, tips, and tricks.

Malin v17/.17HMR, Handi-rifle/.223, Mossburg 500A/12g, Winchester 1300/20g, CVA eclipse magnum/.50

Online JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 02:53:41 PM »
Actually, many states have reciprocal agreements - in fact, I seem to remember a post here where if you got permits from something like 3 specific states you would be covered in almost all of them.  But I agree, this would make things much better.

Just a Shooter
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 03:48:35 PM »
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline bigbird09

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 10:17:51 PM »
Actually, many states have reciprocal agreements - in fact, I seem to remember a post here where if you got permits from something like 3 specific states you would be covered in almost all of them.  But I agree, this would make things much better.

Just a Shooter

Ya, there is few states that you can get one in and basically becovered in most states that allow concealed carry permits, and obiviously those that allow carry without permits,  but then you have to go get those other 2 or 3 odd ball ones if you want to carry in those states.  It would be sooo much easier to be able to go get one nation permit and be able to carry in all 48 states that currently allow concealed carry.

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 11:47:19 PM »
Here is an informative site-

http://handgunlaw.us/
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....