Author Topic: I'M BROKE  (Read 836 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
I'M BROKE
« on: March 19, 2011, 05:43:58 AM »
But not broken  ;D ;).
Rarely have I gotten two new guns in one day---one planned and the other was a whim.
I had already ordered a model 22---it came in on the same day that I took my daughter shooting and she wants my model 28 .357.
I gave her the full Monty treatment after shooting yesterday.
We went to Collectors Firearms, here in Houston, which is too me the best gun shop around---yes, I ave been to Kitterick---but hat is not around here.
We found a old model 586 .357 (L frame) in great shape. It surely has not been fired much, locks up tight as a tick, but has a new shake and bake coating on it. I looked at it with suspicion at first---why would anyone coat a blued gun that has not been shot? The only reasonable explanation is it was in the condition of the K-22 when I got it. Good gun just sat in a scabbard for a long period of time or not kept and stored well. anyway, it was refinished.
Got it for my daughter----or me---if she gets her way.
Long story to say this---while the model 22 is an "N" frame the handle is not as hefty as the model 28 and,  of course the L framed 586 is not either.
Anywho they bothreside here-with me--for the moment.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

Re: I'M BROKE
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 12:40:30 PM »
 :D  Good way to stimulate the economy and yourself...buying guns is always fun...congradulations....

Offline irold

• Trade Count: (22)
  • A Real Regular
  • "Live today , for tomorrow may never come"
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:42:27 AM »
The last time I made a 2 gun purchase , was , as you say on a whim.  I took my boys to a local shop during a sale ( I shud have known better ), I found a nice revolver.....bought it.   At this time my wife is 75 miles away at home making a quilt.  The boys and I advanced to the next shop , which was only 15 minutes away....low and behold , another sale .......I purchased a 1911 , was a great buy.  Since I had not planned on these purchases , I put them both on my credit card....major mistake !  The purchases raised a red flag at the bank....they called my home before I even got home.  They wanted to know if she ( my wife ) was aware of these purchases.....it really got ugly.....but only for awhile.   I really enjoyed the 4 day trip to the quilt show that year !  Enjoy the Smiths , William.......more importantly , enjoy the time spent with that daughter !

regards , irold

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 03:59:37 AM »
Janet made the statement that it was the best time she had ever spent with me.
That COULD imply a lot of things--I chose to just enjoy the time and the statement.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Forestclimber

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 04:58:30 AM »
HAHA.   I don't spoil my daughter/princess either!

When my daughter was young we used to go out and shoot a Ruger Bearcat pistol.  Then she went high school, then college, and shooting with dad stopped so I sold the Bearcat to a friend.  Now she is graduated from college and has a real job.  Anyway, the other day she says to me, "Do you still have that little pistol?  I'd like to go shooting."  Dang.  Last Friday I was at a gun show and a guy had a used one that looked unfired at a good price, so I bought it.  She lives 100 miles away and has a boyfriend, so I don't know f we will ever get to actually shoot it or not, but I am prepared if we do!

She's a good kid.  I don't mind.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 08:20:25 AM »
Around here a 100 miles is just across town---put the key in the ignition.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD