Author Topic: Quality offset rings?  (Read 487 times)

Offline JimG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Quality offset rings?
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:27:59 AM »
I need a set of rings, presumably high, for a H-R that are good quality and will not mark up the scope tube. I like DNZ ring sets and Burris Signature ZEE rings as neither of these will mark or dent the scope tube when installed properly. However neither of these comes in an offset model. Anyone have any ideas?

Offline JimG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Quality offset rings?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 11:36:04 AM »
Anyone?

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 12:22:45 PM »
Why do you think DNZ rings will not mark your scope, they are just standard aluminum rings?  Weaver rings (the kind with the top strap with a clip on one side and two screws on the other) are very bad with it comes to denting your scope, any other quality ring will probably be just as kind to your scope as the DNZ's are if you properly align them.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline jason045

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 01:31:52 PM »
I think he is referring to the DNZ dednutz one piece base and rings?   Theoretically, since it is machined out of a single piece of aluminum, the rings are in perfect alignment and there is mo need for lapping.  I have a set on a handi maxi and another on a 10/22 and Im very happy with them.  I havent removed the scope since its initial mounting to see if the scope was marked up though.
You never know when ya got too much gun, but ya dang sure know when ya aint got enough!

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (94)
    • NewLife Worship Center
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 11:36:48 AM »
Millet angle loc and weaver 4x4's come in offset configurations.  As far as marking the scope, cut and fit self-adhesive clear address labels on both sides of the rings and you'll be fine.

Bobby
Pastor, NewLife Worship Center
(Retired) Automotive Technology Instructor, West Feliciana High School
Avid Shooter, Hunter, Fisherman and owner of Handi Rifles

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 12:26:33 PM »
I haven't used them, but Ironsighter extension rings look like they're worth checking out.

Tim

http://www.ironsighter.com/c-233-extension.aspx
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain