Author Topic: Redding Big Boss II Question  (Read 980 times)

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
Redding Big Boss II Question
« on: March 06, 2011, 08:03:14 AM »
Been using a Rock Chucker for years.  My only complaint is no matter how hard I try primers end up on the floor.  I have now moved my reloading bench from the garage to the carpeted basement so I no longer want primers and anvils on the floor.

I thought the Big Boss II dropped the primers all the way down the ram into a container?  Is this correct?  What kind of container does it use, nothing is shown in the pictures.

I got to questioning this because one review on Midway said it was a good press other than it sometimes dropped primers on the floor and I thought I had read on here where that was almost impossible.

Thanks for any info.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Redding Big Boss II Question
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:48:30 AM »
Bullseye

I have a BB2 and love it , the ram is drilled way down and has a side port were a clear plastic tube connects to it as a catcher , holds about 300 spent LR primers , it does sometimes drop 1 from the slot were the new primer arm fits into the ram .

Going from a Boss to the BB2 has cut my primers on the floor from most to almost none with the new design . I don't think that there is a press out there that is 100% but the BB2 is about the best you can get at 99% .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline flashhole

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 03:14:16 AM »
I don't have the BBII but I do have 2 Ultramag presses.  Same primer drop design.  I just put a plug in the tube and when it gets full I empty it into a trash basket.  If I remember correctly, a .380 shell casing fits the tube nicely.

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 03:22:19 AM »
Thanks guys.  I ordered one at it will be here Tuesday.  It has to be a big improvement over the Rock Chucker in the primer collection area.  Even if the Chucker caught the primers, as it filled up you would dump some on the floor when you removed the plastic tray from the press.

I moved 3 years ago and any reloading I have done since then has been wherever I could find to c-clamp the press down at.    I now have my man cave with an 8' long reloading bench.  It will be nice to get everything mounted on it and set up, and then of course get back to shooting.