Author Topic: 10 GA Waterfowl  (Read 828 times)

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
10 GA Waterfowl
« on: March 14, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »
Is this still made in 10 gauge with 30" barrel?  My local gun shop does not show it in their book and I really want one.  The website still shows it is listed.

I should have never sold mine a few years ago when times were tough.

Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline zackyholdem

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
Re: 10 GA Waterfowl
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 06:57:09 PM »
i have seen them but they are few and far between at gun shops and stores, seen em on gunbroker too
When freedom shivers in the cold shadow of true peril, Its always the patriots who first hear the call. - Charlton Heston

Handi's -30-06, 223 Ultra, 7mm-08, 44 mag, 45-70, 17hmr, Tracker II 12ga, Pardner 10ga (2)12ga's and .410

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 07:10:59 PM »
My best guess is they don't make it any more because Able Ammo used to list it, but no longer does, they're pretty good about only listing current production firearms from what I've seen there before. Best advice is call H&R and ask, you may be able to get an accessory barrel if you have or can get an SB2 shotgun frame, that would be the next best choice if you really want one. You can't rely on the H&R website, it's been out of date for a long time, they've had Huntsman barrels in stock for a few months and still don't list them!!  ::)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline McDerry

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 06:43:01 AM »
Its not listed in  the catalog anymore.

Offline Specklebelly

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »
Well, I gave up and found a used H&R 176 to use instead and it should be coming to my FFL by late next week.

The only bad thing about it is the 36" barrel.  That is pretty long and I am thinking about having it cut down and getting screw in chokes.  That may be more cost than worth doing though.
Specklebelly

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 05:40:18 PM »
I may be assuming to much but are planning on using it for geese from a blind? Shoot it like it is before you chop it. It might be just the ticket. O have that same gum for that purpose bit haven't had a chance to use it yet.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Specklebelly

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »
I may be assuming to much but are planning on using it for geese from a blind? Shoot it like it is before you chop it. It might be just the ticket. O have that same gum for that purpose bit haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Good point.  I my goal was both geese and turkey but primarily the waterfowl.

I will try it out next fall and see how it goes.
Specklebelly