Author Topic: SHOOTING REPORTS  (Read 404 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
SHOOTING REPORTS
« on: March 26, 2011, 05:34:11 AM »
This is far from a range report.
I took the two new rollers to the range yesterday, The Model 22 Smith, .45acp and the Model 586 Smith, .357 mag.
The Model 22 comes with service grips which I knew were too small for my hands--but I wanted to give it a go. Accuracy was good, evenwith these grips but it felt as though the weapon was rolling in my hands (if that description has any meaning), I just could not hold on too it firmlyenough for my desires.
When I got home my new stag grips from Grashorn were here. I put them on it and they will make great deal of difference, just from the feel. They are still smaller that I desired. I will admit to likeing the large grips of the Model 28, which tend to fill my hands.
The Model 586 is good to go. Shot it well and grouped well,  though low and left, consistantly. I had no tools with me to adjust the rear sights whic I noticed were off a bit. i made that correction when I got home. My hope is that my daughter will like it better that the model 28, which I also favor. Alas, I amprepared to love it, as i don't think she will want it--just because of the same reasons I like the 28 better.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Mohawk

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: SHOOTING REPORTS
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:45:05 AM »
The Smith 28 is, to me, the best all around revolver ever developed. Even fast double action with magnums is easily controllable.