Author Topic: Uberti/Schoffield  (Read 516 times)

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Uberti/Schoffield
« on: April 26, 2011, 02:27:23 PM »
My buddy just bought a Uberti manufactured Schoffield in 45 long colt. Man it is a really nice looking revolver. I'm thinking I would like one in 44 Russisan.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Uberti/Schoffield
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 02:15:58 AM »
Grimjim:  The Uberti revolvers are supposed to be pretty good and I have read nice comments about them.  I think a lot of the CASS shooters hold the Uberti in pretty high regard.  You may wish to drop on down to the CASS forums and run the question past the folks there to see what they advise.  HTH.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:35:28 AM »
That Schoffield is one pretty revolver!  Every time I see one I start thinking...  But I've been able to resist temptation so far!   :D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 04:49:37 AM »
I admired the Schofield when I first saw one on the TV series "Alias Smith & Jones", they do have fine lines. I had one in .44/40 and it was a good shooter but not with blackpowder which was what I had wanted to shoot at the time.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »
Richard:  I know how you feel, the Schofield is a gorgeous piece of work.  I'm glad they are out again.  I would like to see someone produce the Merwin and Hurlburt revolvers, and I think someone is but the 'who' defies me at the moment.  I also really, really like the looks of the Cimaron 1873s with the antique finish.  I could have one of each, or rather I would love to have one of each......

Offline Mohawk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 05:29:23 AM »
They are very nice revolvers. I handled a couple but never fired one. I remember the one used in the Eastwood movie " The Unforgiven". Very nice.