Author Topic: Possible Poachers Paradise???  (Read 971 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
Possible Poachers Paradise???
« on: October 25, 2003, 09:57:03 AM »
Well it looks like California could become a poachers paradise if the Congress goes ahead and cuts the number of D.F.&G. Warden's to help balance the state budget.  One minute they are trying to save all the game from us evil hunters and the next they want to cut the number of Game Wardens which would open the doors to every poacher out there.  They say the local law enforcement agencies would pick up the slack.  I guess there are no other law breakers out there so local police and sheriff deputies can quit eating donuts and drinking coffee and chase game law violators instead.  R I G H T.  Better write the state legislators and tell them to get real and C U T  T H E I R expense budgets instead.  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 10:35:28 AM »
Gonna be more and more of a problem.  State governments are looking to repair their budgets and the hunting and fishing license fees are a pretty piece of income for them to raid.  It is becoming a battle in Michigan also.

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 06:52:43 AM »
Lawdog,
Ever since the state and local goverments have been able to dictate to the Fish and Game Dept. they have been in trouble.  I don't think your new gov. is a sportsman either.  Unless he's hunting an alien with a bow and exploding arrow.
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 08:39:50 AM »
crow-feather,

Our new Gov.-elect, Arnold Schwarzenegger, is solidly in the camp of the anti's.  Anti-gun, anti-hunting.  Just remember what family he married into(Kennedy).  He was in Washington with his wife and Mrs. Brady talking to the swing congressmen when they were voting on the Brady Bill.  No there will be no help from his quarter.  What gets me is he is the "Hand Picked Choice" of the Republican Party.  Makes you wonder what new direction the party is turning to???  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 09:37:00 AM »
Hmmm. I saw that he was supposedly pro gun.  Must have been mis-information.  How can he be anti gun and do the movies that he does? :?
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline southern utah

• Contributor
    • http://www.jsi-guns-hunting-firearms.com
nt
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 10:53:23 AM »
Stalone want to take your guns and made his money being Rambo.  I under stand Arnald doesn't see eye to eye with his inlaws and like to be a pain in the neck.

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 11:38:24 AM »
longwinters,

How can he be anti gun and do the movies that he does?

You know the answer to that;

M O N E Y

He got something like $20 plus million for his last movie.

Lawdog

Offline Darrell Davis

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 11:54:57 AM »
:D Hey there folks,

The new "gov." of California make me wonder just who is left down there if that is the best they could come up with for the top post in the state.

Just hope none of my relation voted for the movie reject, ie. "The Gov. Elect."

Keep em coming! :wink:
300 Winmag

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2003, 09:51:32 AM »
One of the wardens in our area is a "newbie", only two years on the force and he told me he fully expects to get his walking papers by the first of February 2004.  With the new budget crunch every department is going to end up feeling it.  They expected the local LEO's to pick up the slack but now local governments are wondering where the money is going to be coming from to keep what officers they've got now.  Many local governments are getting ready to file suit against the state for the money needed to run the state mandated programs.  Maybe they should have kept the car tax after all?  Lawdog

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2003, 05:34:35 AM »
I think some people remember the other actor governor that did extremely well with both the state and the nation.  President Regan was my first "boss" and he was respected by almost all state employees as well as the residents of Calif.

If the new gov can do half as well, the state might have a future.

C F
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.