Author Topic: Missed a good deal at gunshow  (Read 694 times)

Offline NYRebel13

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
Missed a good deal at gunshow
« on: March 19, 2011, 02:24:38 PM »
I just missed one heck of a deal at a gunshow today.  Guy had a pardner shotgun with 32" 12 gauge barrel, 20 gauge barrel and .410 barrel for $225.  He was going to give me $100 for the old shotgun I had to trade.  I told him I would think about it (I have no idea why) and I went down the aisle to discuss the deal with my cousin.  When we made our way back over there is was gone.  I am still kicking myself.  I did end up selling the shotgun for $100 to another dealer.  First time I came home from a gunshow with more then I went with.  Neither one of us bought anything.  Ended up buying a old Mossberg pump when I got home....except for selling my gun that was a wasted 2 hr drive.
My biggest fear in life is dying and my wife selling my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: Missed a good deal at gunshow
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »
I have been informed that is known as a 'buy-boo'.........
Makes sense to me (and Ive been know to do it too) :'(,
what was I thinkin'?
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline ThomasB

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 11:12:06 AM »
I think the expression "He who hesitates is lost" applies here - been there-done that.
Thomas B.

Offline joeyant

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 11:39:08 AM »
That's why when a guy offered to sell me  his unused and unfired .223 Handi Rifle with a bull barrel, plus a 12 ga barrel, plus an NCStar illuminated rangefinder 3-9X40 scope all for $125, I jumped on it so fast to make sure he didn't change his mind. Heck, I see used 12 ga barrels being sold in our classifieds for that much around here. This gun is pristine!
SB1 and SB2 receivers
.223 bull barrel with scope rail
12, 20, and .410 gauge smooth bore barrels
(next on wish list: .357 and .44 mag barrels)

Offline NYRebel13

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »
I guess it is kind of working out missing out on that deal.  I got that Mossberg pump to put my short barrel on and I found a used 20 gauge pardner for $71 that I am going to pick up next week.  For both I am not spending any more than the one I missed out on would have cost me because I sold my other shotgun at the show for what the old guy offered me with the deal.  If I had picked up that deal the .410 barrel would have been sold and the 12 gauge barrel would have been sold or cut.
My biggest fear in life is dying and my wife selling my guns for what I told her I paid for them.