Author Topic: Gates  (Read 383 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Gates
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:54:16 AM »
An exchange between Randy Forbes and Rob Gates -
Congressman Forbes , "Mr Secretary, if tomorrow a foreign nation intentionally , for what ever reason , launched a tomahawk missiel or equivalent into New York City , would it be considered an act of war aginstthe United States ? "

Secretary Gates " Probably so "

Congressman Forbes ",Then I would assume the same laws would apply if we launched a tomahawk missle at another nation - is that true ? Secretary Gates"

Secretary Gates , " You're gettinto consitutional law here and I am no expert on it "

Congressman Forbes " Mr. Secretary you're the Secretary of Defense . you ought to be an expert on what's an act of war and not"
Congressman Randy Forbes sent this exchange to me , it explains alot .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Gates
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 11:47:57 AM »

Congressman Forbes ",Then I would assume the same laws would apply if we launched a tomahawk missle at another nation - is that true ? Secretary Gates"

Secretary Gates , " You're gettinto consitutional law here and I am no expert on it "

And this guy actually passed the 3rd grade.  I wonder how much of a bribe his parents had to pay for that.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 01:04:18 PM »
Their parents all have said, " go ahead and apply for the job. You may not be qualified, but may be suitable. Or, the only one who applies. What's there to loose".
 Of course you can get the same answers from a offshore call center.  ::)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 03:47:47 PM »
Gates is a Rebublican.  You expect him to act like a Democrat and avoid war?

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 04:52:05 PM »
Avoid war? You mean like chairman"o" sidestepped the libya issue?