Author Topic: .22 handgun for new shooters  (Read 481 times)

Offline billmaly

• Trade Count: (0)
.22 handgun for new shooters
« on: December 27, 2003, 03:02:42 AM »
Thinking long term, I want to introduce my kids to handgun shooting. Best way to do this is with a .22. Which .22? I think a revolver would be best, either SA or DA, arguments can be made for each.

I do not currently own a .22 handgun.

I'd like to get a set of 3 matching, serial numbers intact, one for me, one for each of the kids. So, cost is an issue, but, since I am looking long term on this, I'll have a chance to save some $$ up for it.

Suggestions?

Offline J.Solo

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 05:44:30 AM »
Sounds like RUGER Single Six's are the answer. RUGER is currently promoting accepting orders for consecutive Serail Numbered Guns through your dealer. That might be knind of "cool" to have a few guns with consecutive serial numbers and in different barrel lengths. The X-tra .22 Magnum cylinder with each gun is also a nice touch. Good Luck - J.Solo

Offline michbob

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 01:03:14 PM »
If you like a double action revolver, Ruger's SP-101 has been a good gun for me.  They are kinda heavy, though.

Michbob.

Offline Duffy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 02:51:49 PM »
Another vote for the Single Six. The grips are smaller and fit smaller hands but fit larger mitts also. The extra cyl is nice for the magnums too. I'd stay away from the autos unless you want to spend all your time filling mag's and buying ammo. :)