Author Topic: Vortex Diamondback Scope  (Read 736 times)

Offline Landngroove

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
Vortex Diamondback Scope
« on: April 19, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »
Thinking about getting a Vortex Diamondback 3X9X40 for a Marlin 336, in .35 caliber. I have read some good reviews on the Vortex scopes. Was wondering if anyone has one, and what you think of it.

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Vortex Diamondback Scope
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 04:07:02 AM »
For about the same or a little cheaper I would recommend the next model up, the viper. They are on sale at a few places as a closeout discontinued model. They are making a new style so the old ones are getting marked down. http://swfa.com/Vortex-Viper-Rifle-Scopes-C1410.aspx To my eyes I can't tell the difference between these and a Nikon monarch. Vortex scopes are good and come with an unconditional lifetime warranty. I have heard of several of the brands besides Leupold floundering on their "lifetime" warranty by claiming abuse. Vortex has a no fault warranty. I had a strike fire fall and hit just right about 15 foot and caught a rock on the power button. It took me about a year to remember to send it in. It still worked but would not turn off. They sent a new one within a week when I finally remembered to ship it to them. Just postage there and that was it.
I have a crossfire on a .22. And a viper on a .308. Both do good and have had no problems.
Molon labe

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Vortex Diamondback Scope
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 07:10:02 AM »
ive got a 2x7 viper scope and a 8.5x42 set of razor binocs and couldnt be happier with either. Ive delt with there service dept and theres none better.
blue lives matter