Author Topic: THE USA HUNTERS ARMY - WORLD'S LARGEST ARMY  (Read 2410 times)

Offline ihaveagun

• Trade Count: (1)
THE USA HUNTERS ARMY - WORLD'S LARGEST ARMY
« on: February 05, 2011, 01:01:21 AM »
I look at most internet B.S. with skepticism and I don't pass on much that I get in email, but this one is interesting if totally true.
This is what I got in an email at work. Enjoy.

THINK ABOUT  THIS !!                (I have a license too.......  )         Jan 24, 2011

In WWII, Japan 's highest ranking naval officer was Isoruku Yamamoto. Although he was Japanese, and his loyalties were unquestionably with The Empire, he studied for many years in America, graduating from Harvard University.  There is an oft-repeated (and sometimes disputed) quote attributed to him regarding the possibility of any nation taking a war to American soil:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Here is why he was correct:

-------------------------------------------------------

America's Hunters. The World's Largest Army.

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great, considering there were over 600,000 hunters that got permits this year.

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran ; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to keep the deer population under control.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week.  Michigan 's 700,000 hunters have now returned home.  Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia , and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. 

And that is just FOUR states.

The total population of registered hunters in America today ranges from 23 million to 43.7 million individuals. (Based on annual data provided by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.)

As long as the American Hunter retains his right to Bear Arms, America will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops.

Hunting - it's not just a way to fill the freezer.  It's a matter of national security.

"In God We Trust"

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
Re: THE USA HUNTERS ARMY - WORLD'S LARGEST ARMY
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 04:18:29 AM »
 OUTSTANDING!  Truth or not, it does have to be really close.

Lonny

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »
"Problem" is, there is no Chain of command in a USA Hunting "Army", and an Army without leadership and leaders is just a bunch of rabble running around in Civil Unrest mode.

I think an exterior (to the USA) threat to our homes and families would steel this "Army" of hunters toward a singular course of action.  It will still require leadership to focus the mind and aim this "Tip of the Spear".

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 05:36:56 PM »
I don't know about leadership like Custers last stand, the british leadership at Flanders fields, or Lee at Gettysburg. We might be better just to protect our own space.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 12:05:35 AM »
Which brings up an interesting discussion in regard to the killing of trespassers....which is currently not allowed.  Once they cross the threshold into your home (The Castle Doctrine in some communities) then trespassers can be shot and killed without repercussion to you. 

Crossing your yard - no, you can't shoot them Mate.

Offline ihaveagun

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:49:33 AM »
As for the need for leadership, I agree 110%.

So would the government state or federal allow us to organize? I think not.

If you look up the word government in Websters NW Dictionary you will see "control or rule".

So us American hunters "The largest army in the world" would be seen as a threat and not as a tool of protection as we would think of ourselves.
"In God We Trust"

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 01:48:01 AM »
Sometimes leaderless resistance is harder to deal with than armies. That is why we are having such a problem dealing with radical Islam. The movement is actually encouraging individual action. No way to develop information and prevent attacks by one person with murder in his heart.

Resistance units in WW II Europe developed the individual cell organization which would be perhaps the most effective way to deal with invaders. Small groups or cells have the ability to inflict real damage. There is co ordination between the cells by a higher level. Only the cell leaders have any knowledge of how to contact next higher levels of leadership. The system relies heavily on information being on a "need to Know" basis only. Very hard to develop actionable intellegance against organization like this. The effort is co ordinated, and can benefit from support from higher levels. It is a dirty nasty way to fight, but effective.

Lets just hope that foreigners thinking of setting foot on American soil have as good of counselors as Yamamoto. Lets just hope that at least some Americans still have the fire in their bellies that our forefathers did.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 02:35:52 AM »
At the first sign that anyone is trying to organize, the imam in the white house will pull the plug on the internet and cell phones. >:(
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 01:22:30 PM »
The patriots in the revolution didn't have internet.

I thought we were talking foreign invasion here. The idiot in the white house will be gone in two short years

Offline 351 power

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 09:00:47 AM »
bilmac, interesting line of thought. i mean about the individual acts of agression
every day is a gift. use it well

colour is a symbol of where you are from and not of who you are

Offline thejanitor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (59)
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 03:57:47 AM »
Which brings up an interesting discussion in regard to the killing of trespassers....which is currently not allowed.  Once they cross the threshold into your home (The Castle Doctrine in some communities) then trespassers can be shot and killed without repercussion to you. 

Crossing your yard - no, you can't shoot them Mate.

I guess I should look into a REAAALLLYY big three season porch.........   ;)  thejanitor

Offline Ranger J

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 04:51:59 AM »
The only problem with that 'army' that I see is that (I am a good example) we are a few pounds  ::) over weight and a little ::) gray at the temples. ;D

RJ

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 12:12:22 PM »
Don't mess with an old man.  If he can't beat you he'll just kill you.

Old age and treachery beats youth and speed every time.

Offline alsatian

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 11:24:15 AM »
The only problem with that 'army' that I see is that (I am a good example) we are a few pounds  ::) over weight and a little ::) gray at the temples. ;D

RJ

Not all are physically unfit.  I'm 55 years old, I'm graying at the temples, and I will be doing a DIY elk hunt living and hiking at 11,500' in October.  Last year I took my daughter on a backpacking trip to New Mexico where we hiked over 50 miles and climbed 13161' Wheeler Peak and spent a considerable amount of time over 11,000'.  In 2009 I went elk hunting -- living hiking at 11,500'.  In 2008 I took my son on a backpacking trip in SW Colorado where we hiked over 35 miles and spend considerable amount of time over 11,000'.  I don't consider myself an exceptional 55 year old.  Also, not all of those hunters are 55 years old.

The simple point is, with that many people who are armed, have ammunition ready to hand, know how to handle themselves in the field . . . yes, I think it would be a challenge for a traditional foreign invader to occupy the United States.  And as someone else mentioned, being disorganized doesn't necessarily have to be a draw back -- not when you are talking about more than 30 millions of hunters.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 10:35:39 AM »
shoot give a group of people some AK and see what happens.  Just look at the war in libya. 
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 10:51:58 AM »
There are many leaders out there. Any well trained person retired from the military could step up. There are police that also have the ablity and less not forget that many citizens can also lead. Many tatics used in hunting came from military action and vis versa. In a real time of need not having a link between groups or what some call a cell network could be an advantage , someone mentioned radical Islam they operate this way so they do have leadership its not apperant. I dare say when the need arose leaders would step up . Consider if every gun owner only shot one intruder - who's got 75 million troops to send to invade us and can land them all intact.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »
I would suggest today, that as a backup to cell phones and the internet if they get cut.  We all need to think about getting into HAM radio, CB radios, and/or walkie-talkies so we can keep in touch in case we are invaded (especially by the Chinese) or we get a Nazi or Commie type government we need to get rid of.  That way we can coordinate actions.  The Militia was originally the people.  Organization was only the need to have local leaders.  The national guard was once the militia, but has been taken over by the Army. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 11:32:24 AM »
runners might be better than open broadcast  ;)

Offline 336SC

• Avid Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 03:23:32 PM »
I agree "WE" are a threat to any armed invasion.  Might not have the required leadership at the onset but we sure could reak some havoc till we get it.  Once foreign boots touch our soil it won't be long till our leadership and organizational skills are brought forth.  Was in the intelligence field my 4.5 years in the Navy and many a round table discussion was held about this very fact.  An all inclusive agreement was expressed that NO INVADING ARMY
could withstand the damage done by the "Armed" American citizenry when intent on protecting our country.  We would not be governed by the Geneva Convention prohibiting us from using soft point ammo.  The carnage put to bare on an invading force would be monumental.  Sure, we can't fight tanks, jet fighters or helicopters and we
wouldn't have artillery, but we would be using the hit and run tactics that are so demoralizing to an invading army.  Ragtag at first or not, I don't think any army, even China's, would want to fight over 43 million armed citizens who KNOW how to use their weapons to the fullest extent.  I'm 59yrs old and I would be at the forfront
of any defensive action against an invading force.  Are they ready for 400 yard contact with Mr. 30-06/270 Win?
I don't thinks so!
336SC
USN, 10 Jul 1969 - 6 Dec 1973.  NRA Life Member.  Master Mason, Porter Lodge #284, 10th Masonic District.

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 01:23:59 PM »
That's why Hitler didn't invade.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 02:41:23 AM »
There was a book out Citizen Soilder . It was printed to look like a military manual. It out lined just such a time be it a local event or full invasion . It offered advice on tatics etc. It got into ambush , how many shots could be taken before opposing fire would come down on you etc. The exchange of such imformation under certian conditions can be illegal if it is not presented in a proper format. In some cases it might appear as if those involved were trying to conspire . "The American Survival Guide" went out of print it was rumored for printing such articles. It was out right anti govt. and offered articles how to hide weapons and get medicines etc. skirting the law. I know when taking self defense classes the class has to be structured so it is not group or team responce to threats but an indivisual responce or at most a 2 man team. Training a team in armed responce can be illegal in some areas of the united states if not a police or military training or lic. VIP protection team , defense only.
 So it could be very hard if not illegal to train or organize in advance.

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 09:30:35 AM »
It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a suppressed liscensed gun like a .308 bolt or .22 rifle.  Could use it to pick off enemy officers.  Or with a group of men, pick off several enemy at once.  Get their weapons and/or food and cache them somewhere.  Mountians, heavy woods, and swamps would be good places to meet, hide, and cache food and supplies. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »
2 shots a bad idea  ;)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 06:49:55 AM »
truth be told the average american could give a squat about his neighbor and in a time of great crissis is going to probably shoot him for his food rather then organize with him. Drop the bomb over here and youd probably have more casualties from comandos then from the bomb itself. Look at the two extreems. Japan showed us there passive unarmed citizens sit and wait for the goverment to save them. We would be just the oposite in a situation like that. Look at some of the things that happened in katrina. Somewhere in the middle is how men should act but it just aint going to happen. Americans are way to selfish.
blue lives matter

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 09:14:41 AM »
I guess it would depend on where in America you are . I don't consider New Orleans , LA or NY or similar cities repsentive of most of America or how they would react. Get away from the wealfare centers and union strong holds and the picture is very different.

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 10:08:44 AM »
What Shootall said.  I live about 250 miles from the Gulf coast.  We have had two hurricanes come through, one in 1977 and one in 1991 and knocked out our power for 3 days or longer each time.  The "good old boys" got in their trucks and helped cut limbs and trees out of the streets and roads with their chain saws.  Helped cut trees up in neighbors yard etc.  This helped clear the roads for traffic.  There was no looting.  People helped each other.  Neighbors with natural gas let all-electric neighbors come over to take showers, and to cook food.  People with generators went around and helped charge up peoples refrigerators and freezers so their food wouldn't spoil.  There are about 125,000 to 150,000 people in the county where I live.  This includes 2 medium sized and 2 small towns.  The sheriffs department told me they have issued 30,000 concealed carry permits in my county.  This is 20-25% of the people.  If you figure 25% under 21, you have almost 50% carrying.  This doesn't include gun owners who don't carry.  That may be why our crime rate is low.  County is about 25 - 30% minorities. 

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 01:15:56 PM »
that sounds about what happens in Florida when we have a storm or something. WE don't sit around waiting on someone, we go do it.  Also here in Florida unlike new york, New Orleans, or  Los Angeles/ California we don't let the cops push us around. If the cops break the law here people hold them to account for there actions and it's not forgoten.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 02:53:10 AM »
i too live in a real rural area where no doubt people would pitch together but in the long run your own survival and your familys are going to be concern one. If grouping up is benifitial to you your going to do it but if your the only one that had the pressence of mind to stock up enough food to get your family through a bad time i doubt if your going to share it with the ones that didnt. Same goes for defense. Why would i give guns and ammo to people who were anti gun and laughed at the fact i had them. Big problem in this country. Nobody wants to take care of themselves. they were raised to think that someone else will feed them or protect them if its nessisary so why should they spend there resorces preparing. Id no doubt help my neighbors through a short term problem but would be select in which ones i helped and would only do it knowing my supplys would hold out sharing with them.
blue lives matter