Author Topic: Casting pots Lyman vs RCBS  (Read 797 times)

Offline # 566

• Trade Count: (3)
Casting pots Lyman vs RCBS
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »
 A while back there was a disuussion on the pro's & con's of  RCBS & Lyman bottom pour pots.
Does anyone remember this ? and could  you provide a link to that discussion, A friend is considering upgrading from a Lee 20 # to either a Lyman or RCBS and I told him I'ld see you'll had to say.

Thank you

WMS

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Casting pots Lyman vs RCBS
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 02:52:47 AM »
ive owned them both and now own two rcbs pots. Its hard to explain it in words but the rcbs just seems to work smoother. Rcbs also has much better warantee and costomer service. Ive had both of my lymans back for rebuilds and lyman charges a 100 bucks rcbs will do it for nothing and ill gurantee you one thing. Use a pot long enough and it will fail. Good thing is both of these pots are hands down better then a lee.
blue lives matter

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 03:39:57 AM »
I have never owned either the Lyman or RCBS bottom pour pots. Been fooling with the Lee for years. After every casting session I swear I am going to up grade to the RCBS.
I have done a lot of research on both, and as said both are a lot better than the Lee. But the RCBS always comes out as a better pot in the reviews, I have read.

Offline Dezynco

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 12:00:47 PM »
I hand ladle from a Waage. I've been thinking about getting a bottom pour, and I think I'll save up for the RCBS

Offline pourboy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »
My Lyman Mag 20 has gone through a lot of heating elements in it's life. I average replacing one every couple of years. At $25.00/ea, it's something to consider. Fortunately, the Service Dept at Lyman will still sell them to me without my having to send them the pot for installation.