Author Topic: Obviously now..it's time to go..  (Read 619 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Obviously now..it's time to go..
« on: April 25, 2011, 06:07:03 AM »
 Kharzai and the rest of the Afghans obviously cannot be trusted...time to quit wasting lives and treasure...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.e738123e4ccce6019851c695501ca633.a31&show_article=1

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Obviously now..it's time to go..
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 06:34:54 AM »
I caught a lot of grief a few years ago on this site for saying that we should have bombed hell out of Afghanistan, but never occupied it. It's funny how views change, after a few years, and the truth is suddenly important, after so many lives have already been lost, and are BEING lost.
And that the Afghans can no longer be trusted, is still another amazing revelation. I never thought that they could, and said so. Their Muslim.
Afghanistan has been known as "The Graveyard of Empires" for centuries. There is a reason for that title lasting so long. History continually repeats itself, and people continue to ignore it, until all is lost, or almost lost. And on St. Crispin's Day.
This revelation is like trying to "UN-RING" a bell.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 07:16:32 AM »
My view hasn't changed.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:18 AM »
+1 Dee. We have what amounts to  being the worlds best arsenal and we don't use it? We could have demolished every major city and infrastructure facility without even leaving the farm, and we didn't? Time to effect such a display while covering our withdrawll. Those people want to live in the sixteenth century? Grant their wish. The world learned nothing from great britain and russian occupation? Kiplings stories and Englands experiences from afghanistan should have been taken a bit more seriously.

when you lay dieing on Afghanistans plains
 and the women come out to cut up your remains
 roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
 and go to your God like a soldier..........

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:49:19 AM »
Why not also digress to Alexander the Great? He didn't fare too well there either.
Many Americans love to beat the war drum, as long as someone else is doing the fighting. And then when it becomes apparent that it wasn't at all what it was portrayed to be by some, they change horses, and hope no one remembers, or notices.
This thing was so obvious from the beginning, as was Iraq, and now we have McCain, that most everyone on this site, wanted to be president, in Libya proclaiming the Muslim rebels to be his heros. ::) And the beat goes on.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 09:09:06 AM »
Like many I will support war to defend our nation, but not as a display of arrogence, empire building or any other trivial reason. If the situation is dire enough to mandate war, it should be fought with a final overbearing force. Not as a means to introduce a foreign method of government, i.e. bringing democracy. Personally, I was in favor of about 5 megatons on every capitol city of every nation that took part in 9-11. Yes, even saudi arabia.

McCain? Though I take note of his military service, I would not vote for him.

Muslim rebels? I'll respect anybody who fights for their freedom, or in defense of their nation. Similar to a soldiers respect, as it were.

Yep, ol Al the great got his ideas handed to him as well.

Agreed. The beat goes on, and on, and on, and o.............

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 09:33:09 AM »
When the taliban, Iran syria, libya etc start buidling aircraft carriers, long range bombers and a whole fleet of landing craft I will get concerned. Til then supply them with all the small arms an ammo they can afford to buy.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 05:02:13 PM »
  Iraq was a different case, because of WMD, which were there, until Tuirkey held up the process long enough for the other Hussein to move them.  Afghanistan was about abandoned after the Tora Bora betrayal. There was no sense in firing up again.  The ccited incident only puts an exclamation mark upon the situation.
   Making Libya safe for Al Queda is out of the realm of common sense.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 07:07:31 PM »
What Dee said ^^^

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 01:18:29 AM »
while our young men are over there getting killed, we are being invaded by a foreign power.
bring'em home and fortify our borders.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline magooch

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 04:52:00 AM »
I said it from the beginning--nuke em.  I haven't changed my mind.  That goes for Iraq, Afghanistan, Libia, Syria, Somalia, Iran, North Korea, and I'm thinking about Mexico.
Swingem

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 06:04:19 AM »
Lets do Mexico, then you get to suck in some radioactive dust yourself. Hopefully all you"Nuke 'em 'til they glow guys"  ::) clean up the glow dust before it gets up to me.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.