Author Topic: How Strong is it??  (Read 1709 times)

Offline KING

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
How Strong is it??
« on: December 01, 2002, 05:16:52 PM »
:D You will not have anyproblems shooting it with that load...the only thing that i have found over the years is that shooting full power loads all of the time will make the gun shoot loose...This will occure after a bunch of rounds,and each gun  is a critter unto themselves...a bunch is defined as many hundreds or less for some,but that ruger is a good gun....I would shoot wadcutters or a low powered load at short distances to increase hit facter...then shoot the highpower loads so ya know whrer they area going to hit.......I have touched off a short .357 in a house and it aint fun...ya kinda remember it along with the ringing in yer ears...u also have to remember that u want multiple hit probability with it...i would go to the 38+P for in the house..muzzle flash wont blind ya as much inna dark..... 8)
THE ONLY FEMALE THAT I TRUST IS A LABRADOR.......AND SHE DONT SNOORE,AND DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT MY COOKING...THE ONLY GODS THAT EXIST ARE THOSE THAT HAVE ONE IN THE CHAMBER,AND 19 IN THE MAG.......

Offline southern utah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.jsi-guns-hunting-firearms.com
38s in a 357
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 10:57:48 PM »
HDPatt, just some info. If you shoot a lot of 38s sometimes the lead and carbon will build up in the cylinder and not allow the 357 to seat all the way and stick.  Been there done that. I now just use two different loads of 357.