Author Topic: Partial AR build is complete...But, is it ever really done?  (Read 794 times)

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
I have been putting together the pieces for my latest project for approximately a year now.  First, I ordered a stripped lower from Spikes Tactical and had it shipped to my FFL.

After some time, I found a Daniel Defense lower parts kit for a good deal.  I also purchased a Magpul ACS Stock and a buffer tube and buffer.  Keeping with the Magpul theme, I purchased a 30 round PMAG, an angled foregrip, and plastic rail covers to protect the unused rails on the forend.  I had a black Hogue pistol grip sitting around so I also mounted that on the AR.

Then, I researched the complete upper that I wanted to place on top...I wasn't sure what I wanted but I knew it was going to wear some sort of magnified optics.  So, after many months of perusing the net in search of the upper that I wanted,  I ended up purchasing an Adam's Arms complete upper with upper receiver, barrel and forend.  It is a piston upper instead of a direct impingement.

Finally, the optics...After much research and bargain hunting, I opted for a Nikon M-223 2-8x32 scope with the matching mount.  I found a place that was offering to match another places prices with a 110% guarantee and I was sold...Nikon was also offering a special deal where they offered a free mount for any M-223 scope purchased.  No need to send anything in, the mount was shipped from the on-line vendor along with the scope.  An added bonus was inside the scope box...An offer for a free ARD to mount on the front of the scope to reduce reflection.  I don't know if I will ever use it but I sent away for it anyway.

Only a couple more things to go on this one...I have a Troy Industries quick disconnect sling swivel for the front of the forend, and a Magpul rear sling plate for the buffer tube.  Those will both be utilized to mount the sling for ease of carry.  I will have the option to utilize a single or double point carry. 

So, here is a pic of my Spikes Tactical, Daniel Defense, Magpul, Adam's Arms AR15 in 5.56...This is a years worth of shopping, research and some building on my part...After all, I had to install the lower parts kit and mount the scope... ;)

Now to get it out and shoot it along side it's older brother...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Partial AR build is complete...But, is it ever really done?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 09:11:52 PM »
looks real nice i built two my self but i was in a hurry once i start because i wanted to shot them.let us know how it shoots.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 12:17:37 PM »
Here's his older brother....It's a Bushmaster AR
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline JeffG

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »
Looks good! and no../...it's never really done!  ::)
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff