Author Topic: well bought my first handi  (Read 376 times)

Offline WyomingWhitetail

• Trade Count: (0)
well bought my first handi
« on: May 03, 2011, 12:41:21 PM »
So i went to the gun show the other day and found a handi rifle in 223 with the heavy barrel and a cheaper scope for 300. My fiance and I went shooting the other day with my dads handi in 223 and she shot one shot and drilled the 200 yrd gong and said i want one. She shoots left handed so this little handi will be perfect for her since it will be easy for her to shoot and i get always get a 243 barrel if she wants to hunt deer. I need to get some shorter scope rings and take her out and get it sighted in for her but we shot it some today at a pop bottle and she is happy with it. Does anybody know if they make a left handed thumbhole laminate stock for these (like whats on the ultra varmiter just left handed)? Now i need to find one for me in 22 hornet or 22-250 or something and it will be prairie dog time.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: well bought my first handi
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »
Evening WW,
 WELCOME to the "club" and WELCOME to your new addiction!!  ;D

Sorry, No LH thumb hole laminates avalible... But the Handi Grip is ambidextrous!! But its blk syn..

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline WyomingWhitetail

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »
bummer. it has the wood stocks on it right now which arent bad but i was thinking one of the laminate thumbholes would class it up.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 01:40:26 PM »
Check with Ed at GSI, he makes t-hole stocks in left hand and ambidextrous for TCs, he may offer one for the Handi, he only lists right hand, but won't hurt to ask.

Tim

http://www.gunstocksinc.com/web_pages/Odds-n-Ends.htm

http://www.gunstocksinc.com/web_pages/Plate-pics/NEF-stocks/Handi-rifle-stocks.htm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain