Author Topic: Obama's government cutbacks  (Read 441 times)

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Obama's government cutbacks
« on: May 04, 2011, 01:16:20 PM »
This is a really great way to represent his proposed cuts. This should be an election year commercial.

http://wimp.com/budgetcuts/
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Obama's government cutbacks
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 01:44:30 PM »
Math is devoid of all emotion.  It has no politics.

We will take in approx. 2.1 trillion in taxes (fed level), spend 3.6 trillion.  Obama's proposal to raise taxes on the wealthy would according to the CBO, bring in 80 billion per year....while he spends well over 600 billion, and with a 14 trillion in debt already.  You could take ALL the wealth from those wealthy people and still be in the same boat...with much bigger unemployment to boot. 

Your looking at disaster, and that is with Obama's plan.  He has no common sense or math skills obviously.

Far as that goes, anyone who thinks there is enough wealth in this country to fix what they have ruined over the past couple of decades, also have no math skills, but they are very emotional and political.   Too bad math doesn't have a politcal party or emotions.

Offline Shu

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 02:03:50 AM »
Another 2 billion could be trimmed from the give it Pakistan budget. Budgeting is simple it's not that hard. You simply cannot spend more than you make. It might mean not going on vacation or buying a new car. In this case it means stop giving money to countries that hate us, bring home the troops and I could easily go on. We have a very wasteful government.

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 04:04:24 AM »
I doesn't matter if Obama can add 2+2, Congress is what matters.  Until the Senate is changed, nothing about the federal budget is going to be right.  Obama can't spend didely unless he takes it from his private "stash."
Swingem