Author Topic: Bauer .25 Auto  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Will

• Trade Count: (0)
Bauer .25 Auto
« on: January 25, 2004, 08:17:32 AM »
Hey guys, I've found a little bitty pistol that strikes me as neat. It's a brand new Bauer .25 auto, supposedly an exact stainless steel copy of a baby browning. I really like the way it handles, and it appears to be well-made. The fellow at the shop said they were sometimes finicky about ammo but polishing the innards of the pistol helps. Has anyone had any experience with these little guns?
Even without grocery stores, I won't go hungry.

Offline bigdaddytacp

• Avid Poster
Re: Bauer .25 Auto
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 02:23:41 PM »
Quote from: Will
Hey guys, I've found a little bitty pistol that strikes me as neat. It's a brand new Bauer .25 auto, supposedly an exact stainless steel copy of a baby browning. I really like the way it handles, and it appears to be well-made. The fellow at the shop said they were sometimes finicky about ammo but polishing the innards of the pistol helps. Has anyone had any experience with these little guns?
............I shot one a few times and had it apart......sold several of them at the shop......they were/are quality machined guns and feed well with hardball fmj or similar profile 25ammo....they DO need the feedramp and similar areas polished and the mag lips checked..ALL AUTO guns need this for me to trust them........for a 25 they are nice and are small enough to avoid leaving home without one!!! good luck and good shooting!!!

Offline RollTide

• Contributor
Bauer .25 Auto
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 04:38:46 PM »
Carried one for years.  Love the little gun, although it is woefully underpowered for personal protection.  It does beat throwing rocks (unless you are real good at throwing rocks, then it may be a toss up.) Polish as suggested and get yourself a couple of original "FN Browning" magazines and you will have a reasonably reliable pee shooter to use if you can't carry a gun.

Roll Tide

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Bauer 25 auto
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 04:32:17 AM »
Hay Will- Have had a coiuple and they are a lot of fun when they work reliably. Polishing the feed ramp and some of the innards will get you there.  If you intend to carry this for personal defense don't bother with soft nose or anything that is supposed to expand - they don't at the 25 auto speeds - and remember, the muzzle blast from that little 25 at 'barrel in your face' distance can often be pretty damaging.  

As Rolltide said, get yourself a few extra magazines and a whole buncha ammo, get it out to the range and practice to the point where you can skip cans with it, then you should be comfortable carrying it.  S&B makes good 25 auto ammo and it is reliable.

Offline Will

Bauer .25 Auto
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 02:49:51 PM »
Hey fellows,

I sure appreciate your responses. I put the little pistol on layaway today. It's not something I'm going to use for a serious carry piece--I've got a .44 special, 9mm and a .357 magnum for those purposes. But I may stick it in my pocket from time to time. I mainly think it is an interesting little gun that seems of really high quality. Other than that, I can't justify a reason for having it, but then again, if justification was needed for me to buy a new gun, I'd have one rifle, one shotgun and a .22 pistol for all my needs. We'd have to do some serious selling to cut the collection down that short.
Even without grocery stores, I won't go hungry.