Author Topic: bushnell crap  (Read 3900 times)

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: bushnell crap
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »
What bcraig said + leupolds are usually lighter and give more eye relief than most other brands.

Did I mention leupolds are usually lighter. I'm getting old and light weight is important to me.

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2011, 04:58:40 PM »
I had an experience much like this a year or two ago.  I didn't get any help until I got nasty.  I put bad reviews about their warranty service on their message board.  Since then they have gotten rid of the it.  I guess it made them honor too many warranties.  The reason they don't want to repair it is because the 4200 is no longer made the same now. I think they just have the Elite series and no 3200/4200 now.  The bent tube excuse is the same one I got.  I think it is a generic excuse they give when they don't want to honor the warranty.  What pissed me off is that I paid for shipping both ways and then told a lame excuse. Bushnell has terrible warranty coverage on scopes they no longer make.  I will never buy another Bushnell because of the experience I had. Blanket them with emails and send them only to upper management, that's how I got it done. People shouldn't have to do that. When are compaines going to learn that a bad experience cost them more in the long run?  Before the internet, they could get away with sticking customers one at a time.  Now, one unhappy customer can cost them thousands of dollars in sales with just one bad review.  A lifetime warranty should be lifetime even on a $20 scope.

Offline gr8ful

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2011, 07:05:21 PM »
I had the same problem with bushnell 3 years ago on a banner scope. wandering zero on a new scope. Got the bent tube excuse, trouble was after they returned the scope I put it in a set of v-blocks and did a run out on the tube and objective lens and could not detect any bend.  After several calls to bushnell I got no satisfaction.  I have several bushnell products that I use regularly that have provided great service and I will use them until they break, but I will not buy anymore Bushnell products. Nikon, leupold, burris, and weaver all make quality optics and are sure to make a model to fit any of my needs.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2011, 01:28:25 PM »
I use swift scopes. As good as Leuopold and much cheaper.
http://www.swift-sportoptics.com/

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2011, 01:34:06 PM »
The Swift scopes are worthless junk.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline montanabrown

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2011, 04:42:35 PM »
i just had sightron tell me my scope tube was bent also on a discontinued model but my ocular lens o-ring went bad. not sure what a bent tube has to do with that and by the way it isn't bent

Offline montanabrown

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2011, 04:43:22 PM »
but they wont warranty my scope and said its gonna cost around 200 to replace it

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2011, 05:10:39 PM »
Actually the swift binos are quite popular with birders as well as hunters. And their riflescopes are a excellent value. Me and my friends used several of their varibles for about 5 years and found them to be almost as good as leupolds. The thing I did not like about them was the increased weight when compared to a leupold. The swifts held up well and had clear optics. And at 1/3 the price of a leupold.....

Well Swampy...once again you have proved your ignorance. I'll give you one thing though you suport your opinions with total confidence... ::)
Even when your wrong.

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2011, 05:19:05 PM »
My Swift Reliant scope works well for what I use it for; 4x Reliant pistol scope in a scout position on my Benjamin pump. out of the way when I am pumping it up. holds zero for 20 yard head shots on chipmunks.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline jackruff

• Avid Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2011, 05:48:56 PM »
I've never had a Swift scope, but I do have two Swift binoculars, and they are very good.  By the way, I have an old Bushnell (maybe 35 years old) 4X30, and it's sharper than my 3-9X40 Leupold!