Author Topic: audad  (Read 941 times)

Offline huntwithme2

• Trade Count: (0)
audad
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:18:24 PM »
 has anyone hunted audad in the van horn area.  if so did you hunt on private or public land.  a couple of us are interested in either a audad or javelina hunt and heard this area is good for both species. 

Offline Mohawk

Re: audad
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 06:25:54 AM »
It will most certainly be private land. Try a Google search for ranches in the area. Search "Van Horn Tx Hunting".

Offline ShooterSATX

• GBO Supporter
Re: audad
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 05:09:11 AM »
I sure do want an Auodad mount!

Funny story:

Opening day of Bow season last year, my wife and I were at the Ranch and this was our first bow hunt together. I woke up early and was on the porch glaasing to see if anything was moving. I must have had those bino's on my face for a good 20 minutes or so. I saw nothing so I went back in the cabin.

My wife was just getting dressed so she could use tha 'facilities'. SHe came back in and said "there's a deer by my feeder". It hadn't been 10 minutes since I was glassing. I went outside to take a look. I couldn't make it out. But I KNEW it wasn't a deer as it was a couple hundred yards away. I went back and grabbed the bino's. I took one look through the glass and said "crap!". I handed her the goggles and she started grinning. It was a monster Auodad! I said the obsenity because I knew it was an easy shot with the .270 and it would have been MY first kill at the ranch (since buying it).

The problem was that we didn't bring a long gun with us at all. We both have our Conceal Carry's, so we only had pistols with us. Yeah, that was a real learning experience for us...ALWAYS TAKE A RIFLE TO THE RANCH!

Lesson learned!

Shooter

PS. For the record, I have still NOT killed anything at the ranch. My wife shot a 8-point opening day of General Season though...that B!***!