Author Topic: New Information Source?  (Read 410 times)

Offline gunsonwheels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
New Information Source?
« on: May 18, 2011, 09:25:08 PM »
Found an outfit on the web called Museum Restoration Service

http://www.armscollecting.com/Titles_on_Artillery.htm

They have quite a list of publications dealing with 18th century ordnance.  I'm waiting on a copy of Muller's Treatise of Artillery and Caruana's "Butterfiles and Grasshoppers" dealing with the field carriages for the Verbruggen and "Introduction to British Artillery" by Jim Gooding.  Jim answers the phone and sends stuff out with the invoice in lieu of Pay Pal, Plastic or whatever.  I told him what I was doing and how I had gotten just about everything historically wrong on my first gun and he is very knowledgable about ordnance from that period and various author's treatments on it.  Check out their list of publications...  maybe you'll find something you can use on your project(s).

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: New Information Source?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 02:55:38 AM »
Let us know if you get your books from them.  The folks that owned that operation were looking to retire and were not restocking.

Last time I talked to them for instance they were out of  Muller's Treatise and at time had no plans to reprint anymore.  If they have reprinted the Treatise, I would like to get another, mine is dog eared.

Offline gunsonwheels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 04:33:26 AM »
Yeh he didn't have a new Muller but one with the back cover folded but otherwise very good so I tumbled for it.  The other titles are new.  I'll let folks know when/if they show.  I talked with him a fair bit and he sounded enthused about helping me get my Verbruggen right.   Later...

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 06:09:50 AM »
Museum Restoration has some great books
I was fortunate to come across a complete set of hard cover limited editions
but out years ago including mullers book.
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 07:31:58 AM »
Butterflies and Grasshoppers looks like a good read, and at a very good price.
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA