Author Topic: Obama is pro gun  (Read 1967 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Obama is pro gun
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 11:45:22 AM »
And of course the Lib panty wetters think the police can protect them & also feel at some point the uncivilized will have to be dealt with.

NOMOSENDERO. I agree but duk says we can't call em pantywetters, I would if I could, sure don't want to offend the libby dems. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »
Of course retired LEO can carry in NYS. But can they have an 10+ round mag in their semi auto long gun? Or a flash hider? Or other "militia" trappings? Pre Obama, the answer probably would likely have been no. Especially 360 miles from Times Square. Those folks are commonly known as fudds and generally uninterested in any gun that comes in black. Unless those retired LEO ran a particularly difficult obstacle course to be allowed to possess what they did "on the job", they would have been reduced to civilian status. Obama got them the good stuff with a wink and a slap on the ass.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 06:17:37 PM »
Of course retired LEO can carry in NYS. But can they have an 10+ round mag in their semi auto long gun? Or a flash hider? Or other "militia" trappings? Pre Obama, the answer probably would likely have been no. Especially 360 miles from Times Square. Those folks are commonly known as fudds and generally uninterested in any gun that comes in black. Unless those retired LEO ran a particularly difficult obstacle course to be allowed to possess what they did "on the job", they would have been reduced to civilian status. Obama got them the good stuff with a wink and a slap on the ass.

Are you still talking about S. 1132, the “Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act Improvements Act” that he signed, or have you moved on to something else the great leader has done? Just wondering, because S. 1132 pertains only to concealed carry, not to any of the "good stuff" you mention.

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »

Are you still talking about S. 1132, the “Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act Improvements Act” that he signed, or have you moved on to something else the great leader has done? Just wondering, because S. 1132 pertains only to concealed carry, not to any of the "good stuff" you mention.
Read past the first line of the bill, you could not be more wrong.

Then look up definition of firearm in Section 921 of US Code.

S1132 opens up any weapon or ammo to retired LEO except for machine guns, silencers and DDs. With appropriate training as determined by the trainer. That can be provided by virtually anyone and can last 30 seconds if that is what the trainer decides. Ie, "this is a gun, and that is a trigger. Good to go then." In many states it does not get retired LEO much, in NYS, it gets you the world.

Offline jimster

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2011, 02:34:48 AM »
Picking out one group of people and giving them rights nobody else can have is not "PRO" anything, it's the opposite of all our government should be.  We all know it except the anyone who is a left wing nut.

You would have to be totally backwards person to call this pro gun, only a left wing nut could come up with something like this, and only a left wing nut could have the audacity to call this a pro gun bill, or add that the president is pro gun.

The title of this thread shows us the backwards thinking of the left and what they are really all about.  Gun rights for the elite, nobody else.
Only a communist could actually think discrimination against against entire groups of people, or dividing people up,  is something good for America.  There is simply no hope for anyone who would say "Obama is pro gun"...I would not waste my time arguing with a person that far gone either.  Hopeless.

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2011, 02:49:52 AM »
And of course the Lib panty wetters think the police can protect them & also feel at some point the uncivilized will have to be dealt with.

NOMOSENDERO. I agree but duk says we can't call em pantywetters, I would if I could, sure don't want to offend the libby dems. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Funny, I was thinking that lumping all Liberals and all panty wetters together was a disservice to panty wetters. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 04:19:35 AM »
JWILLIAMS. HMMMMM, not really a nickles worth of difference between them. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 04:30:52 AM »
Picking out one group of people and giving them rights nobody else can have is not "PRO" anything, it's the opposite of all our government should be.  We all know it except the anyone who is a left wing nut.

You would have to be totally backwards person to call this pro gun, only a left wing nut could come up with something like this, and only a left wing nut could have the audacity to call this a pro gun bill, or add that the president is pro gun.

The title of this thread shows us the backwards thinking of the left and what they are really all about.  Gun rights for the elite, nobody else.
Only a communist could actually think discrimination against against entire groups of people, or dividing people up,  is something good for America.  There is simply no hope for anyone who would say "Obama is pro gun"...I would not waste my time arguing with a person that far gone either.  Hopeless.
jimster, Well stated. I agree.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 05:09:38 AM »
jimster + 2
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline jimster

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 05:23:41 AM »
Michigan used to dole out gun rights to people years ago, some counties gave them out even handed to all, some counties not to anyone but people with money, ex cops, ex judges, and the gun boards even gave each other permits but nobody else. This is what happens when the left wing hands out rights you already should have.  We fixed those problems several years back with the new CPL permits, after that passed anyone who had a permit needed to go through qualification to keep them, all people were the same, no exceptions.

Now what we need to do is make it so we don't pay money for our rights, but the state is flat busted so that might be a problem since there is a lot of money going to the state from CPL permits now.  They don't have much income here so I'm sure they want to keep that.  105 bucks every five years from all of us.  Some people can't afford their rights, that's a fact, I think the state should pick up the tab for those people.

Dolling out rights to certain groups of people is the ultimate slap in the face of Americans, and calling it pro gun is way off the wall far as I'm concerned.  Bass ackwards thinking...and this type of thinking is what's wrong with most everything we have now.  Not just guns.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 05:43:25 AM »

Read past the first line of the bill, you could not be more wrong.

Then look up definition of firearm in Section 921 of US Code.

S1132 opens up any weapon or ammo to retired LEO except for machine guns, silencers and DDs. With appropriate training as determined by the trainer. That can be provided by virtually anyone and can last 30 seconds if that is what the trainer decides. Ie, "this is a gun, and that is a trigger. Good to go then." In many states it does not get retired LEO much, in NYS, it gets you the world.

No, it doesn't; not any more than the original H.R. 218, the “Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act” did, but think what you want.