Author Topic: How about a pic post?  (Read 428 times)

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
How about a pic post?
« on: June 15, 2011, 11:44:49 AM »
I haven't seen one on this forum that was just dedicated to pics of what you use. Just singular type posts. We could get some good ideas from one another with some pics of how each other's are set up. Just as long as it fits in this forum how about you post up your idea of what suits you.
Molon labe

Offline Bugflipper

Re: How about a pic post?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:57:19 AM »
This one is what the wife uses for home defense. I have had it for 21 years. It's funny how things they like are ours and things they don't are yours. She has been shooting it for about 20 years so it seemed only proper to set up something that she had the most experience with. It has a green mountain barrel and a polished trigger. Goes against the 4" group ak philosophy. It isn't far behind an ar in accuracy and will go bang every time no matter what. Has tritium sights and a 15 year old millet dot sight. I plan to order her a green laser for daytime use as well. It has an old red laser on it. The flashlight is a led 250 lumen and is good for 250 yards or so of brilliant white light. I have had one on a hk91 308 for 2 years and the led seams to hold up to recoil.

This really isn't set up as mall ninja. Lasers and dots are a lot quicker for target acquisition. She is properly trained to know the iron sights are the primary and the electronic devises are there to aid, but they can fail at any moment.
Molon labe

Offline Bugflipper

Re: How about a pic post?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:10:25 PM »
This one is the one I use for home defense. A green mountain barrel, polished and reduced trigger. The trigger is about 4 lbs and breaks clean. Set up with tritium irons, a dot scope, green laser and flashlight. The laser is good for about 100 yards in full sun. The light is engaged with the thumb. The laser with the knuckle. I have them mounted where a normal comfortable grip will put them in service with very little movement. Both items are rechargeable so not so bad on the wallet if you train a lot.

Post up what you use please.
Molon labe