Author Topic: Reparations  (Read 1041 times)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
Reparations
« on: June 27, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »
What is the status of this?

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Reparations
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »
if obama becomes a lame duck, he'll probably push for it. a lot of blacks think they deserve it.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Mike38

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 11:10:32 AM »
I’m asking for reparations, even though I’m white. I have two G-G-Grandfathers that were wounded in the Civil War, fighting to free the black slaves. Both in the 93rd Illinois Company B. One shot in the shoulder, the other broke a leg. I think I deserve half a million, don’t you?

Offline Shu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:02:32 PM »
Reparations was nothing more than an urban legend designed to stir up people.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »
Reparations was nothing more than an urban legend designed to stir up people.
LOL, if that's what it is, it works.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 01:38:20 PM »
Reparations have been and still are being made. Generations of welfare recipients, free groceries,  free housing, and free medical care. I believe that is above and beyond what was implied after the civil war is it not?
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »
EQ, good point.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 01:47:28 PM »
Yup great idea. I think errybody who is still alive that has owned slaves should pay reparations to everyone in the country who has been a slave.

I DO NOT however believe folks who've never ever owned a slave should pay one red cent to anyone who themselves have never been a slave. Makes no sense at all.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »
Interesting subject.  Do we get the International Criminal Court  to go after the African nations who sold their own people into slavery?  Or maybe the Arab states, who provided the middlemen for over 800 years of the slave trade (about 400 years of Trans-Saharan slave trade ans then at least 400 years of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade)?  Maybe Spain, Portugal, The Netherlands, England, and France should be made to pay for their long involvement in the slave trade.

I know!  We could sell off Faneuil Hall, since it was built with money the Faneuils earned trading slaves!  Heck, we could sell off a lot of buildings in New England, NY, RI, DE to pay reparations.

Hmmmmm.......what do you do about blacks who are descended from blacks who owned slaves?  Are they entitled to reparations just because they are black?  Or because their black ancestors owned other blacks are they cut out of the deal?  What if they have ancestors on both sides of the equation?  Does that cancel everything out?

Or, we could just do what has been done everywhere else and get over it. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 02:19:48 PM »
Way to go and cloud a "black and white" subject as the simpletons understood it!
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Shu

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 03:08:12 AM »
Can anyone actually name a culture that did not own slaves?

Offline freetrapper

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 03:30:14 AM »
  Did the Eskomoes own slaves ?

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 04:42:57 AM »
My wife and I freed all of our slaves years ago. Gave em $10,000 apiece and 40 acres, oops almost fergot, and a mule. POWDERMAN.  :P :P
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 04:59:16 AM »
Interesting subject.  Do we get the International Criminal Court  to go after the African nations who sold their own people into slavery?  Or maybe the Arab states, who provided the middlemen for over 800 years of the slave trade (about 400 years of Trans-Saharan slave trade ans then at least 400 years of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade)?  Maybe Spain, Portugal, The Netherlands, England, and France should be made to pay for their long involvement in the slave trade.

I know!  We could sell off Faneuil Hall, since it was built with money the Faneuils earned trading slaves!  Heck, we could sell off a lot of buildings in New England, NY, RI, DE to pay reparations.

Hmmmmm.......what do you do about blacks who are descended from blacks who owned slaves?  Are they entitled to reparations just because they are black?  Or because their black ancestors owned other blacks are they cut out of the deal?  What if they have ancestors on both sides of the equation?  Does that cancel everything out?

off topic, Joe, I never thought I'd hear you say "get over it"
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 01:14:29 PM »
Yup great idea. I think errybody who is still alive that has owned slaves should pay reparations to everyone in the country who has been a slave.

I DO NOT however believe folks who've never ever owned a slave should pay one red cent to anyone who themselves have never been a slave. Makes no sense at all.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  AMEN GB !!!!
  Couldn't have said it a bit better myself !  Of course B. Hussein wouldn't get any reperations, since his black half is only one generation removed from Kenya (if that!).
  He likely wouldn't know what to do with 40 acres and a mule anyway !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
  Of course, EQ had a point..When do the taxpayers start getting "reparations" to cover the overpayment they have been providing for the last century or so ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 03:43:16 PM »

off topic, Joe, I never thought I'd hear you say "get over it"

Still off topic - Coulda been worse, Buggsy.  I could have said "MoveOn."   ;D
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »
Hmmmm! Reparation??
Now where did I see something similiar to that?
Ah yes it was right after Katrina, if you will remember the U.S. Gov`t in its infinite wisdom was handing out $2000 dollars to the victims without any strings attached. Well alot of these victims ended up in Houston where alot of the hotels became loaded down with alot of these victims from New Orleans at U.S. Gov`t expense which was good deal.I go to Houston on business trips and have been since 1978. At the hotel where I stay there were alot of Katrina refugees staying there. Also not for from the hotel is a gun store which is a well known gun shop in Houston. I go by this shop everytime I travel to Houston. Very seldom do you see many black people in this shop. Well right after Katrina I went to Houston and went by this gun shop to look at the great display of firearms and gun library that they have. Well this particular visit there were alot of black people in this gunshop and almost every salesmen in the shop was behind the counters selling guns with people standing in lines anywhere from 3 to 6 in each line. So guess where alot of those $2000 cash allotments were going? Also I would get back from dinner and at the entrance to the hotel you would see cars pull up in front!
Trunks would be opened and all kinds of purchased loot would be crammed in these trunks that they would unload and carry up to their rooms. Very little of these purchases were basic items needed for food,etc. Just another screwup by the U.S. Gov`t! Graft was discovered very quickly with this give away program, so just think what reparations would bring!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »

This should be the only way reparations are paid.  Only to those affected, by those who owned them.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 01:41:00 AM »
Hmmmm! Reparation??
Now where did I see something similiar to that?
Ah yes it was right after Katrina, if you will remember the U.S. Gov`t in its infinite wisdom was handing out $2000 dollars to the victims without any strings attached. Well alot of these victims ended up in Houston where alot of the hotels became loaded down with alot of these victims from New Orleans at U.S. Gov`t expense which was good deal.I go to Houston on business trips and have been since 1978. At the hotel where I stay there were alot of Katrina refugees staying there. Also not for from the hotel is a gun store which is a well known gun shop in Houston. I go by this shop everytime I travel to Houston. Very seldom do you see many black people in this shop. Well right after Katrina I went to Houston and went by this gun shop to look at the great display of firearms and gun library that they have. Well this particular visit there were alot of black people in this gunshop and almost every salesmen in the shop was behind the counters selling guns with people standing in lines anywhere from 3 to 6 in each line. So guess where alot of those $2000 cash allotments were going? Also I would get back from dinner and at the entrance to the hotel you would see cars pull up in front!
Trunks would be opened and all kinds of purchased loot would be crammed in these trunks that they would unload and carry up to their rooms. Very little of these purchases were basic items needed for food,etc. Just another screwup by the U.S. Gov`t! Graft was discovered very quickly with this give away program, so just think what reparations would bring!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's wrong with you Streak ?  Somebody who has gone through such a traumatic event..needs a bit of "cheering up" !  ;) ;D

http://3.7mustang.com/vb/f19/fema-red-cross-kill-katrina-debit-card-program%3B-cite-red-tape-abuse-132126/

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=32377

Surely you are not implying that govt bureaucracy often does not spend taxpayer's funds wisely ?   ;) ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 02:32:22 AM »
  Did the Eskomoes own slaves ?

Sled Dogs  ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 07:52:50 AM »
Ironglow,
How perceptive of you! :D
Nothing is going to get past you!! ;D
Right after Katrina, I also had to make a trip to Shreveport,LA and it would take a book to tell all the sights and happenings that was being caused by all of the Katrina refugees that had ended up in Shreveport . All of which could be contributed to the actions of our " all knowing" U.S. Gov`t!!
So "reparations " to a certain degree, actually began with LBJ`S "Great Society". and we know what that did to our country!! One of these days, and it better be pretty soon, this country better wakeup and see where all of these give away programs just ecourage more of the same and thus the country is going down the toilet!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 08:18:23 AM »
  The "war on poverty" has promoted and CAUSED more more poverty than it EVER helped..