Author Topic: Cannon returns  (Read 354 times)

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Cannon returns
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:21:36 AM »
Some time back there was an artical about a stolen cannon being discovered in a house
down somewhere in either the Carolinia's or Georga  well I am not sure if this is the
same one but it is interesting.......

Here is the link

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Civil+War+Cannons&view=detail&id=1393AF4157A59512A85F64829887BB4626419B64&first=31&FORM=IDFRIR
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline gunsonwheels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Cannon returns
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »
I e-mailed Jim B. of the National Registry of Surviving CW Ordnance...  his reply:

Hello George,

Thanks for passing this along.
I was actually the one who informed the broker it was stolen; one benefit of having cannons listed in the Registry.

Jim B.

For any and all surviving CW ordnance it is important we support the continued maintenance of the National Registry.  I for one believe our posterity will appreciate any of our efforts.   Jim and I became aquainted when I was looking at wheels and a vendor said his product was being used on the Hope Cannon, in Hope, SD.  As fate would have it the cannon was one that had fallen out of the registry and thanks to Lance Hites and Jim B. and the wonderous networking of the internet, it is now in the registry.  If YOU ever wonder if a piece is recorded, post it so it can be further scrutinized and verified with the registry.

George/GOW