Author Topic: Grand daughters and shooten irons  (Read 424 times)

Offline Calamity Jake

• Trade Count: (0)
Grand daughters and shooten irons
« on: January 02, 2004, 04:38:50 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have them for the holidays (1 eleven, 1 seven) along with their mother, so with the 73 degree windy weather today, we went to the GC cowboy range to play a little. The 11 year old has shot before, the 7  yr old has shot only an air gun with me kneeling behind her holding and aiming and her pulling the trigger, we did the same today with a flat gate Ruger single 6 and Rossi gally gun, after the first 6 out of the RS6 I said we had to reload, after that she said RELOADRELODADRELOAD all the way back to the loading bench so we could do it again, between the RS6 and the Rossi she fired about 200 rounds with her doing the loading and trigger pulling. Needless to say, she had a ball, and so did I. :-D  :-D

The 11yr old did real well with her shooting the above 2 firearms plus a Fox double 410 that she shot with shells  she loaded on a Mec 600 after her first CAS shoot back in Sept. 03. Between her and her mother, I have 75 410's to load now. She tried a 7 1/2in  RBH in 357 for the first time with a lite target load of 4.5 GD and a 158 cast pbrf. Now I can't get it away from her!!

There mother has shot from the age of 7 with about any firearm I would put in her hands, she loves a 45 ACP, 357 mag. or any 12 ga. she can get her hands on. Today she tried a 4 5/8 RBH in 45C with 4.0 RD and Saeco 255 rf. I thank I lost that one too!! I didn't have ammo for my 03A3, so I took along a mil bolt 6.5 Swede with 17gr WC680 and Saeco 147 gcrn for her to shoot at our bench rest range (her first time) out of 10 rounds fired, 6 went into about 2 1/2in at 100, I'm proud of her.

You just can't beat a day when you can take the kids shooten, or anyone else for that matter. :)  :)

Calamity Jake
Calamity Jake

Offline Graycg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (74)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 04:54:08 PM »
Sounds like a good day, good day indeed.  You are a lucky man.
"Secretly you want me on that wall; you need me on that wall"  
 Colonel Nathan Jessup

Offline waksupi

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 06:02:58 PM »
There ya go, corrupting those frilly little gals. When they grow up, they probably won't settle for just any pencil necked city geek, and are going to insist on a man that shoots! Shame on ya, Jake!

Offline Calamity Jake

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 04:46:39 PM »
Thanks for the replys.
waksupi, yap they may be corrupted, but I know they will be able to protect themselves from any and all pencil necks. And they enjoy shooting  them irons. They wanted to go again today, but we didn't have time. :(  but :-D

Calamity Jake
Calamity Jake