Author Topic: Prohibition Party  (Read 3556 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Prohibition Party
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2011, 10:18:32 AM »
This Prohibition Party is probably a joke.     
         I'd estimate it's a bunch of "good old boys" getting together for a little "funning", rather like the "flat earth Society".  No need us taking them too serioiusly, since I doubt they do.. ;) ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2011, 02:18:10 AM »
When the  far right forgets the last instruction in the Bible is to forgive it makes them look extreame to others.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2011, 06:53:07 AM »
I've said it before, but...

Many of the far right, "Christian Conservatives" have no interest in real freedom.  They are actually working towards a Christian theocracy.

Agreed, and about as much tolerance for other ideas and believes as................wait for it...........................Islam. :(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2011, 07:03:09 AM »

Many of the far right, "Christian Conservatives" have no interest in real freedom.  They are actually working towards a Christian theocracy.

Agreed, and about as much tolerance for other ideas and believes as................wait for it...........................Islam. :(

Same thing could be said about the...gasp!....LIBERAL LEFT!
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2011, 07:14:50 AM »

................ I think the only reason it is still a dry county is because so many of the 'folks in charge' make too much money off of the homemade stuff.

A very good way to establish a monopoly. ;D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2011, 07:15:55 AM »

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Scatter;
  Again, from my reply #46 to Dukkillr, concerning that silly statement about a theocracy; in case you didn't see it..here it is again:

Junior & dukkillr ;
     ... Speaking as an 'insider' of that segment you seem so terrorized by; you both could not be further from the truth ! 
  It is the "religious right" which brought our very freedom..  From the "Seperatists" who first settled Plymouth to the many members of the "religious right" who authored the constitution, which is being so battered by the "secular left' these days.. 
   It is the secular left which is trying to call that constitution a "living, breathing document"..calling it 'out of date' calling it 'irrelevant' and 'outmoded' !
  It is the 'secular left', which is trying to dictate what car we will drive, what kind of home we will have, whether we will receive medical treatment or not, whether we can smoke, eat Big Macs, own a gun, own a 15 shot magazine for it or be allowed fredom of speech..among many other of their proposed restrictions.
   The largest, most visible defender today, of the constitution which guarantees our freedoms (so long as congress does it's job), is the Tea Party.  Probably the largest single group which is involved in that Tea Party is the much maligned "religious right"...doing their best to defend freedom, ..both yours AND mine.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2011, 07:18:06 AM »

Same thing could be said about the...gasp!....LIBERAL LEFT!

Indeed, not only could be said but is correct. IMO of course ;)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2011, 07:22:42 AM »
IG
I don't dispute what your wrote.

I'll add however that immense sufferings has been brought upon peoples by those that believe their definition of God/gods or his will is correct and any other need to be exterminated.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2011, 07:26:16 AM »
When the  far right forgets the last instruction in the Bible is to forgive it makes them look extreame to others.
________________________________________________________________________________
  Shootall;
     Correction;  The last instruction given in the Bible is found in (Revelations 22:19)..there are only 2 more short verses (20&21) in the Bible, and those are a prophesy and a blessing.
   Verse 19 tells us not to mess with the Bible as it was handed to us..don't try rewrite or reword it..such as.."in other words"... ;) :D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2011, 07:53:20 AM »
IG
I don't dispute what your wrote.

I'll add however that immense sufferings has been brought upon peoples by those that believe their definition of God/gods or his will is correct and any other needs to be exterminated.
*************************************************************************************
  Scatter;
  I believe our forefathers had it just about right when they said the govt has no right imposing a religion , and it has no business restricting the free flow of any religious ideas.  Our nations founders were wise beyond the partisans we hear on both sides nowdays.  They admitted the basic Christian character of our new nation, but still provided for the practice and free exercise of others.  They insured that the voices of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus or Buddhists...or those who were not believers at all, could have a voice in their government.
   Today, the agnostic/atheistic evangelizers want only their voices to be heard...in defiance of that very constitution.
       Now I am no Pollyanna, thinking that through their 2,000 year history no sect of Christianity has been way off track and a persecuter of others.  Heavens no; even my own spiritual forbearers were persecuted by the great political branch of the church and driven from hiding place to hiding place all over Europe and Great Britain.
  I will say however that since our nation was founded, there has been no religious wars in this country and generally speaking, the various branches of Christianity are more tolerant of each other than say, the left & right in politics...thus, few of us have nothing to belittle Christians for.
   Compared to the Johnny-come-lately, Islam..Christians and Jews are very tolerant and understanding people.  Neither of the two are bombing those of other faiths.  Sometimes some kook who claims allegiance to either group will do some stupid, violent act...but they are roundly condemned by the faithful and often their apprehension is because of info provided by non-violent Christians or Jews.
   Still, adhereing to the constitution...I would stand for the opportunity in the "marketplace of ideas", to be open for believers in Christ, Abraham & Isaac,  Muhammad or those believing in none.. being allowed to compete.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2011, 03:08:16 PM »
I read nothing above that I would dispute. :)