Author Topic: It's about time eyes were opened..  (Read 2200 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: It's about time eyes were opened..
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 06:33:19 PM »
Yellow says;
  "And I truly hope you do not suffer too much discomfort from all those black people you were worried about. Get to know a few - they're God's children, too, just like you and I. Visit church with 'em."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   Yellow; there you go again;
  Making claims against God's word against which you appear to have little familiarity..or you would not make these wild claims.
  You're simply "wrong again"... ;) :D  Nobody is automatically a "child of God", no matter what race, color or ethnicity or whether their parents were...   We are 'creations' of God, but not automatically his children! We must EACH make our contract with the living God.

Just check this out:
   " But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name."
                                                                                                                                                              (John 1:12)

It makes a difference when one is familiar with the Scriptures, doesn't it !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 04:15:28 AM »
So lets have a tax system that gives people a choice.  If you think higher taxes are the way to go, by all means, go with the tax schedule as it was before the "Bush tax cuts."  If you think the present tax rates are more to your liking, then make that your choice. 

I know what my taxes were under Clinton and what they were under Bush and I'll take Bush anytime.  Dumycrats should put their taxes where their mouths are and go with the Clinton rates.
Swingem

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 10:15:24 AM »
TM7, you must be about the smartest man that ever was.  and all these years I've thought the same thing as mcwoodduck.   thanks for letting me know that my taxes are so low.  I think I'll get some t-bones instead of NY-strip.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 10:27:18 AM »
Magooch sasys;
          "So lets have a tax system that gives people a choice.  If you think higher taxes are the way to go, by all means, go with the tax schedule as it was before the "Bush tax cuts."  If you think the present tax rates are more to your liking, then make that your choice".
*****************************************************************************************************
  Now Magooch;
   I'm sure you know by now, when a liberal says "raise taxes"..he means ours...not his !
       Even when we hear the filthy rich demanding that taxes be raised, they mean the same thing.  They can voluntarily pay all the taxes they want, there's a provision for it.  But as usual, they are being deceptive..what they truly want, is OUR taxes raised.. :D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »
Sorry mcwoodduck...but for the last 40 years taxes have been going down, down, down..that's a fact, esp for the high end and corpo.  But things have been getting worse, worse, worse.

TM7
Sure if you take the past 40 years.
If you take the last 25 years after the Reagan and the tax resetting.
But since Regan State, federal, local, payroll taxes all have increased, not to mention fees (another word for taxes) have too all increased. 
We have taxes that have been part of our culture for so long no one asks why anymore.  there is a tax on your phone bill to pay for the Spanish American war.  1899!  More is collected each year on this tax than the war cost.  When do we get to end this tax?  when do we get to end many specific taxes?  Why are tax reductions the only thing with a sunset?  Why do taxes not have a sunset?
From Kennedy on taxes have been reduced, reduced, REDUCED and further reduced..that has been the trend. Highest tax bracket were 70-90% now 35%, and more and more income classifications are exempt or at limited taxation, and more loopholes. That has been the trend for 40-50 years.!! When we consider the entire tax burden, which you alluded to, that being all fees, state, local, excize, sales, etc. taxes we have essentially a very FLAT TAX system in the USA...the exact tax system you have been wanting for years--only you didn't know we already have it...Flat Tax systems are regressive; and anymore movement in flatening will further make 'regressive'---and you will complain more and want more flatening... ;) Then you will have no money left over for your own affairs.. ;) and you will get exactly what you they want.

Tax sunsets, reduced spending, i.e. reduced corruption, etc. ar different yet tangent issues.

..TM7
Before I bang my head against the wall.
Flat tax rates take corruption out of the system.  The current complex social engineering system breeds corruption and cheats.
A flat rate of 3 to 5% up to a million with a standard deduction of 4 times the poverty level for your filing.
So if you are a family of 4 and the poverty level for a family of four is 10K  Your first 40K is tax free.  If you make 50 K you would pay 3 to 5% of the 10 K.  so 300 to 500.  the same goes if you made 140K then you would pay 3 to 5K. 
Over 1 Million increas that 5 to 7% and over 5 million 12%.  Some will pay more some will pay less but more $ will enter the federal treasury for the liberal scum to spend on social programs.  After all as a nation we have spent more on the war on poverty over the past 50 years than if we had just given every person under the poverty line a Million when we started.  We also need ot pay down our debt and reduce spending so we are not borrowing $ to pay interest on debt.

Offline LunaticFringeInc

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2011, 05:45:26 PM »
Why cant you get it through your head who was in control of congress during the time frame you referenced. Hint: it wasnt Bush Rumsfeld or Cheny.
Who sat behind "The Buck Stops Here" desk and could have vetoed any spending bill?  Hint: it wasn't Obama, and, sorry 45-70.gov, it wasn't Nancy Pelosi either.  Hint: his dad was once a president.

If they (Democrats) didnt hold a veto proof majority vote with the help of Rep Snow, Arlin Sphincter, Lynn Gramnesty, Juan McLame and a couple of other RINO's.  BTW...You did study Government in school and realize that the democratically controlled congress and senate at any point from 2006 thru 2010 could have put the breaks on the spending at any point they chose to act in the best interest of the country?

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2011, 09:38:04 AM »
Flat tax rates take corruption out of the system.  The current complex social engineering system breeds corruption and cheats.
A flat rate of 3 to 5% up to a million with a standard deduction of 4 times the poverty level for your filing.
So if you are a family of 4 and the poverty level for a family of four is 10K  Your first 40K is tax free.  If you make 50 K you would pay 3 to 5% of the 10 K.  so 300 to 500.  the same goes if you made 140K then you would pay 3 to 5K. 
Over 1 Million increas that 5 to 7% and over 5 million 12%.  Some will pay more some will pay less but more $ will enter the federal treasury for the liberal scum to spend on social programs.  After all as a nation we have spent more on the war on poverty over the past 50 years than if we had just given every person under the poverty line a Million when we started.  We also need ot pay down our debt and reduce spending so we are not borrowing $ to pay interest on debt.

Seems compelling to me.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.