Author Topic: 1851 Frontiersman  (Read 590 times)

Offline Andrew Quigley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
1851 Frontiersman
« on: January 18, 2004, 12:47:25 PM »
Just bought a pair of these the other day. Went to the SASS convention in Vegas and met Wolfbait. He'd been shooting a pair of these for a year and answered every question I asked. He and Navy Arms sold me on these guns. Great action and feel to them.
 Only thing I forgot to ask him was what kind of load does these pistols like? I haven't shot these yet as the weathers been to wet when I've had the time. Anybody else shoot any of these pistols before?
Andrew

"Lost!!  Ain't never been lost. Fearsum confused for 2 or 3 months but never lost!!"

Offline Cactus Cris

1851 Frontiersman
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 03:21:38 PM »
Andrew-  Got me a pair from Navy A.   First thing I did was to replace the nipples with Treso brand nipples.  The orig. ones were way short or too small.  CCI #10 would fall off b4 you could shoot.  Remi #11 caps will stay on and go off every time.
  I load them with 20gr  3f Ele or Goex a .375 rnd ball and top it with crisco or the like.   They shoot real nice.  Can go 10 stages w/o a problem.
Cactus Cris  SASS 2790  Darkside Posse, Cart maker, Corral Keeper, Gpa of 6

Offline mac266

1851 Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 02:42:30 AM »
Let's bump this back up.  I'd like to hear some comments, too!  I'm thinking about getting a pair.
MAC

NRA Member and Certified Instructor
SASS Member
Pikes Peak Firearms Coalition Member

"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms.  It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die."  - G.K. Chesterson