Author Topic: Video Camera Sound Quality?  (Read 323 times)

Offline dominick

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (21)
    • Black Powder Cannons & Mortars
Video Camera Sound Quality?
« on: July 10, 2011, 01:09:05 PM »
When I uploaded videos from my old camera to Youtube.  The actual sound of the cannon would transfer accurately where you could tell it's a loud cannon salute.  Well, that camera broke [I dropped it] so I had to buy a new one and when I upload the videos of cannon blasts with this one, they sound muffled.  Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it just the camera?  It's a Nikon Coolpix S4000.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Video Camera Sound Quality?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 01:23:01 PM »
When I uploaded videos from my old camera to Youtube.  The actual sound of the cannon would transfer accurately where you could tell it's a loud cannon salute.  Well, that camera broke [I dropped it] so I had to buy a new one and when I upload the videos of cannon blasts with this one, they sound muffled.  Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it just the camera?  It's a Nikon Coolpix S4000.

Probably the camera Dom, since it really is a still photo camera.  Check the camera menu and see if there is some settings you can change.  I found my audio setting by turning the camera to movie mode and then turning on on the menu.

Offline dominick

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (21)
    • Black Powder Cannons & Mortars
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 01:26:44 PM »
Douglas,  thanks.  I'll look into it.

Offline Mike H.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 01:56:14 PM »
I've had that problem with my sons video camera. It automatically cuts very loud sudden noises down. I have read that several do that.

iPhones don't seem to, I just use my phone.