Author Topic: Moderators, Please Inform  (Read 368 times)

Offline Pot-Bellied Stallion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Moderators, Please Inform
« on: July 13, 2011, 04:41:06 AM »
I wish you moderators would insert a post into the topics you lock that informs us why that topic is being locked.  Sometimes a topic just seems to be discussed clearly, and it turns up locked.  Also, is locking a topic your decision alone or does a 'board' of moderators vote on it?
Thanks for the stump

The older I get, the better I was.

Offline subdjoe

Re: Moderators, Please Inform
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 05:08:52 AM »
I don't mod on GBO, but I do on two other forums.  If GBO is anything like those mods don't often tell why a thread is locked or deleted, and the decision is usually that of one moderator, although they may sometimes discuss it among themselves.   Sometimes a warning to back down the rhetoric will be posted before locking or deleting, but more often than not it will fall on blind eyes.  Or lead to screams of censorship or denial of freedom of speech and tu touque arguments .  Mods don't need that kind of garbage. 

ADDED:

If I were a mod here I would likely not respond to this. But, since I'm not, I feel free to comment.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
Re: Moderators, Please Inform
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 06:28:06 AM »
In this section there are two moderators as well as Gb, Matt, and the global mods.  The majority of the work is done by nw_hunter or myself.  I can't speak for the others but I have gotten tired of the same 5 people ruining threads for everyone.  Since it is always the same problem, and they have been approached individually, I generally don't explain a closure.  Frankly, they know the rules and chose to ignore them.  I handle deleting posts the same way.  If someone has a specific question about a specific post or thead they can always pm one or both of us.  I always respond.