Author Topic: Barrel fitting question  (Read 539 times)

Offline Deerhunter#1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
Barrel fitting question
« on: July 25, 2011, 12:35:11 PM »
I know there is alot of info that I have seen in the FAQ about fitting but was looking for some more advise. Was able to puchase a handi and one of my extra barrels locked rite up with no wobble and descent even latch up and no space or light visable between the barrel and receiver when locked. I tried with a live round and it needs to be shut with a little force but it locks and still has some latch play still with no visable barrel gap. There is a little scratch that develops on the primer. The latch is engaging well straight across evenly. Should I shot it and see how it goes or shoild I be looking at doing some work to it before hitting the range. Really didnt want to modify the barrel. 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Barrel fitting question
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 02:05:06 PM »
I know there is alot of info that I have seen in the FAQ about fitting but was looking for some more advise. Was able to purchase a handi and one of my extra barrels locked rite up with no wobble and descent latck wobble and no space or light visible between the barrel and receiver when locked. I tried with a live round and it needs to be shut with a little force but it locks and still has some latch play still with no visible barrel gap. There is a little scratch that develops on the primer. The latch is engaging well straight across evenly. Should I shot it and see how it goes or should I be looking at doing some work to it before hitting the range. Really didn't want to modify the barrel.
If you read the FAQ's you would see they SHOULD be "smartly" be closed.
Sounds like your ready for the range altho your comment in bold above has me perplexed... is there wobble or not?
CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Deerhunter#1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
Re: Barrel fitting question
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »
Just a misprint as I ment to say good full latch shelf lock up with no wob. In the mean time I was able to get it where I think it is perfect. I initially placed a full length sizec case in the gun that I use for my bolt gun. I grabbed some factory ammo and it was perfect. I got my full length die and gave it an extra 1/4 turn and bumped the shoulder back a lit extra and it is perfect. Loaded up some 65 grain vmax and some 87 grain hor sp and hopefully will be at the range tmor. Wish me luck.