Author Topic: New Target Out West For Wolves  (Read 985 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
New Target Out West For Wolves
« on: June 14, 2011, 10:48:01 AM »
That's right Defenders Of Wildlife have targeted their next state for the expansion of  Wolves in, to destroy hunting and the wildlife in the area.  Washington State, they just sent out an e-mail for the people in Washington to contact their Governor and raise their voices in favor of this release.  Here is a copy of the e-mail put out this morning.  Rog

We’re at the beginning of a great conservation achievement: the return of wolves to Washington State.

This is a key moment for wolf restoration in Washington, and I need a few moments of your time today to make it a success.

Help pave the way for wolf restoration in Washington. Urge Governor Christine Gregoire to support a robust wolf recovery plan in Washington.

Decades after they were eliminated from the state, these iconic animals have finally begun to make their way back to the Evergreen State. Unfortunately, the return of these magnificent animals to an important part of their historic range is anything but easy.

Earlier this month, the state began to review a progressive wolf management plan that would allow these amazing animals to roam throughout much of their traditional range. But the plan falls short of what will ultimately be needed to fully recover wolves in Washington.

Tell Governor Christine Gregoire to support allowing more wolves in the state and to expand the range where they will be allowed to roam.

These wolves truly are an American treasure, and it’s important that we speak out for their restoration.

We know from reintroduction efforts in Greater Yellowstone and the Northern Rockies that wolves help balance natural ecosystems and that they can bring tourism dollars to states that support their recovery (as much as $35 million a year near Yellowstone, according to one study!)   

We also know that anti-wolf extremists can be a serious roadblock to recovery efforts. Some are pushing hard for a low cap on the number of wolves that would be allowed to inhabit Washington – a bad precedent for wolves or any other wildlife.

And just last week, indictments were handed down for the killing of five of Washington’s wolves. Defenders has offered money to help reward information leading to the prosecution of these lawless wolf killers, but we’re also working to build broader acceptance of wolves in Washington, collaborating with ranchers and local tribal members to pave the way for smart, sustainable wolf recovery.

We’re at the start of something great here, and I want you to be a part of it. Please send your message to Governor Gregoire today.

Sincerely,
XXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXX, Defenders of Wildlife   
Executive Vice President
Defenders of Wildlife
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: New Target Out West For Wolves
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »
I'm not entirely anti-wolf but they need to be strictly managed by sport hunting.  a special tag that cost more could cover any losses by livestock growers and folks could try for a beautiful trophy.
of course, I'm sure that's not what the greenies want.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline mauser98us

• Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:44:21 PM »
The greenies goal is to destroy public and private land ranching by any method possible.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 09:27:05 PM »
They want us all to become VEGANS.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 12:24:20 AM »
I read on line somewhere that congress took wolves off the endangered species list.  Can anyone here confirm that?

Tony

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 10:54:41 AM »
I've got no use for wolves and coyotes period.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.