Author Topic: Budget talks  (Read 559 times)

Offline LAREDOBOB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Budget talks
« on: July 19, 2011, 01:41:32 PM »
  Obama is concerned that if he caves in to others during these budget talks it will hurt his chances of being re-elected. I say if Obama causes no social security checks to go out or the military not to get paid, on Aug 2nd,  his chances are going to be zero. (as if he had a chance of being re-elected at all.) So as ususl for ole Obama its a loose loose proposition. Goodby Obama.
"No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country."   T. Roosevelt

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: Budget talks
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »
Here are Obama’s thoughts on the debt limit in 2006, when he voted against increasing the ceiling:

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 02:53:12 AM »
it's about big campaign contributers wanting the debt ceiling raised.  AKA/ selling your soul to the devil.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Torwe

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 03:08:25 AM »
  Obama is concerned that if he caves in to others during these budget talks it will hurt his chances of being re-elected. I say if Obama causes no social security checks to go out or the military not to get paid, on Aug 2nd,  his chances are going to be zero. (as if he had a chance of being re-elected at all.) So as ususl for ole Obama its a loose loose proposition. Goodby Obama.
Obama is along with other folks in both parties in both houses are killing America. But its also very possible he will be re elected. I wouldn't write him off yet. Thats reality. Also if he is re elected you can bet people will be in the streets. Normally no one is gonna get mean untill they get hungry. Trouble is I don't see anyone so far that can beat him in the next election. So I figger theres gonna be a lot of mean hungry people around in the not too far distant future. Then there will be change.
Life is like a coin you can spend it any way you wish. But you can only spend it once.

Offline RB Rooson

• Contributor
  • "If you come for mine, be sure to bring yours!"
    • http://www.ptca.00go.com
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 03:20:40 AM »
If "supposedly" Social Security checks and military pay are cut off, does that mean that politicians (e.g. Senators and Congressmen) will also not be paid?

Somehow.....I doubt that!!
SASS #16974 - Duelist
SBSS # 1195 (O.G.B.) LXXIX
BOLD # 352

"Everyday I pray to be the man that my dog thinks I am!"

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 03:37:16 AM »
Here are Obama’s thoughts on the debt limit in 2006, when he voted against increasing the ceiling:

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

Oh, and it's George Bush's fault.
Swingem

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 07:30:54 AM »

Oh, and it's George Bush's fault.
Its 100% Bush's fault! The Obamessiah is faultless. Quite possibly the most perfect being to have ever lived!
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?