Author Topic: Picked up my 2nd Handi today...  (Read 360 times)

Offline PhillB

• Trade Count: (0)
Picked up my 2nd Handi today...
« on: July 27, 2011, 12:57:58 PM »
Brought home a .22 Hornet today.  Forgot to get a scope base so it will be iron sights until the base gets in.  Went to the gun shop where I get my re-loading components to pick up my hornet die set, bullets, primers and asked the owner about .22 Hornet brass.  He couldn't find any brass so he gave me a box of 50 rounds.  I don't mean he sold them to me, he gave them to me.  How nice was that?  I can't buy my handguns from him cause he is in Ohio and I live in Indiana but he definitely has all my business for everything else.  I would have bought the Handi-rifle off him but I wanted to trade a handgun in and can't do that there.  I did have him order me a 3-9 scope, a set of the really tall scope rings,  3 bullet molds for my handguns and a case trimmer.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Picked up my 2nd Handi today...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 02:58:44 PM »
Congrats!  If you have an Academie sports nearby, they sell the H&R rail and extension in the factory package for the same price it's listed on H&R's website.

Sound like you have a good dealer.

Can he ship to a FFL across state lines?  I do that from time to time if I find a deal.  I have a local guy who only charges a minimal amount.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 03:03:04 PM »
Hey you be come Handi-holic Next time you go be another handi.
 What was the handi in the stabe? Good luck! have fun  Batil

Offline PhillB

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 03:22:20 PM »
What was the handi in the stabe? Good luck! have fun  Batil
My very first Handi was a .30-30/20ga Topper back in the 70's. ;D  Right now my other Handi is a .357 with a 4x scope on it.  I do 99percent of my shooting in my yard so I figured the .22 Hornet was plenty of gun for that.  I have a 50ft/75ft handgun range, a portable bullet trap on a sled I can move around anyplace I want and a 50/100yd range for rifles(I can't shoot a handgun well enough for that range with my old eyes.LOL).  I'm mainly a handgun shooter but Handi's are just so much fun and they don't go thru the ammo nearly as fast as the handguns do. :)

Offline PhillB

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:38:08 PM »
Congrats!  If you have an Academie sports nearby, they sell the H&R rail and extension in the factory package for the same price it's listed on H&R's website.

Ben
I live in a rural county where the largest town has less than 6000 people so we have nothing but a Walmart.  There is an MC Sports about 35 miles from me where I found a set of scope rings that are high enough I don't need the hammer extension.  That is probably what I'll  get for the Hornet.  I'm lucky that I have a couple good gun shops within 15 miles of me.  The dealer where I buy my handguns has excellent prices but he carries no re-loading equipment.  The shop in Ohio(I live 3 miles from the Ohio line) carries a few guns but mainly stocks re-loading stuff.  He was $20 cheaper on primer prices per thousand than a shop here in the county that carries re-loading supplies.