Author Topic: The state has pissed me off again !!!!!!!!  (Read 1485 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
The state has pissed me off again !!!!!!!!
« on: July 17, 2010, 05:10:44 AM »
The brains at the state level in their great wis-dome have passed a law that prohibits any recycler from selling lead to the general public , if they get caught , even a first offence can get the closed down for good , all that means is that the little guy that has been using this scorce for casting bullets or fishing sinkers can no longer get it there anymore .

I may check into getting me a venders licenes and see if that will work , if I know the boys in Comblus , give them some money and their happy .  >:(

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline StrawHat

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: The state has pissed me off again !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 03:14:53 AM »
I missed that one, when did it pass?  I usually get my lead from the scrap dealer.  Good idea about the vendors license.
"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result"  Winston Churchill

"A law without a punishment is merely advice."  anonymous

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 07:48:04 AM »
It went into affect June 1 2010 , I need to do some more checking on the VL to make sure it will work , may have to set up a LLC as a custom caster .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 03:27:14 AM »
Stimpy, just gave me an idea. Maybe I should check around here in the Toledo area scrap dealers, and use my vendors liscense. Might just see lead ingots on my table's in the fall. gypsyman--p.s. When is the Lima picnic? I haven't got anything in the mail yet, and was wondering if you or catfish might make it.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
More back door gun control.

This is why I will NEVER vote for a democrat-I dont care how many times the NRA endorses him.

If they truly belived in freedom and the 2nd Amendment they wouldnt be a democrat.

Under NO circumstances will Ted Strickland ever recieve my vote-the little "D" after his name tells me all I need to know about him.

No matter how gun rights fiendly a democrat appears to be the will eventually turn on us.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 07:20:29 AM »
is it only the scrappers that cant sell it? i missed that also , i never used a scrap yard to buy from usually a private  sale, does it  go over into the tire biz? agree on the backdoor control of guns. anything sneakie ass that they can pass  dont surprise me , :-\

Offline Range Rider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Have a nice day cowboy
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 08:34:46 AM »
A number of states and the federal government  are moving in this direction.  The power of the enviromental movement will and can touch every part of your life. Karl Marx had it figured out.  If you can control thru waste of the enviroment you can control every aspect of human life. This will be used to control firearms in the end.  Have you noticed the American Military has gone to enviro-friendly Green Ammo? This stuff is lead free. Wheel weights are being banned in favor of steel and zink.  Makes you wonder what the underground market in lead will look like. What if it turns like like Prohibition did? ;D
Range Rider

Offline john-78

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 06:07:03 AM »
i've been told that old t.v.'s are full of lead (why there so heavy) a power surge smoked 3 of mine last year, the scrap yard wanted an extra enviro fee for them he said it was because of the lead.  so i kept them, hopfully this winter i'll have time to take them apart to see if it's useable.

Offline Range Rider

• Avid Poster
  • Have a nice day cowboy
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 12:44:45 PM »
Well dog gone it.  Never knew about lead in old TVs.  But then I got to think'in how much shoot'in that took place in those old Westerns.  The TVs from the 1950s and 60s shoud be full of it. Why Mat Dillon alone put a few 100 lbs down range.
Range Rider

Offline Jason F

• Trade Count: (261)
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 06:23:52 AM »
I just bought 50 pounds from a scrap yard in my area
handi rifles- 22 mag      22 hornet    223      7mm-08      308 chip shot     30-30 x2     30-06 shorty      358 cheez whiz     357 max     35 remington     375-08    410 rifled slug     454 casull     460 s&w     45 smokeless muzzleloader x2     45-70    50 huntsman    50-70 government shikari     20 ga.ush     12 ga.ush    12 ga.3 1/2     10 ga.imp.cyl. slug gun

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 08:16:22 AM »
I've been told that old t.v.'s are full of lead (why there so heavy) a power surge smoked 3 of mine last year, the scrap yard wanted an extra enviro fee for them he said it was because of the lead.  so i kept them, hopfully this winter I'll have time to take them apart to see if it's useable.

I worked for Admiral and Motorola TV production in the late 1960th. I don't recall there being lots of lead other then solder. Everything was still cathode tubes and the picture tube, particularly the front panel area is made from heavy glass.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.