Author Topic: Some new bronze on the way......  (Read 438 times)

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Some new bronze on the way......
« on: August 11, 2011, 09:56:49 AM »
 Some new Bronze on the way!  Remember the thread on pocket artillery that a friend of mine was making? Well I gave him a piece of bronze shafting , he wanted to turn a scale model of the Revere Howitzer pictured in Border’s Away II ….. Well yesterday he turned the barrel and bored and added the trunnions he heated and brazed or silver soldered the trunnions in place and then he quenched it……. After quenching a crack appeared down the length of the barrel…. Talk about frustration! All is not lost he has found someone to cast a few of these and the good news is I will be getting one of these too!  It will be cast solid and will be bored to 75 caliber I plan on making the iron swivel as on the original.. they are expected to be ready in September I’ll add photo’s as soon as I get it.
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
Re: Some new bronze on the way......
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »
A cast bronze cannon  8) ! Do you have any input on it ?

Gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline KABAR2

Re: Some new bronze on the way......
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 02:21:05 AM »
Other than telling him to have one cast for me no.... the cannon was already machined and since
damaged by the crack it became a model to be cast from.... it will be cast solid and weigh in at 2 pounds.
bore will be .75 caliber.
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium