Author Topic: My apologies  (Read 448 times)

Online JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
My apologies
« on: August 16, 2011, 08:05:59 AM »
To all who read the Political Issues Discussion forum, I offer my apologies for the way I've engaged in personal attacks recently. 

It is not my nature to comport myself that way in a public forum.  I know better, and expect better of myself and others.  After being warned by a moderator and reading my recent posts anew it became clear to me that I crossed the line. 

I will not give my reasons for doing so, for it is not my intent to excuse or explain my actions, but simply to ask your forgiveness for my lapse.

Just a (humbled) Shooter
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: My apologies
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 08:10:15 AM »
Seems in the heat of debate many get over pasonate about their position. The trolls bring out the best in all of us at times .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 08:18:42 AM »
It's all part of being human,  we have all been there and done that in our lives.
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »
I'm all about redemption, 2nd chances, and empathy - that, and Mosins on the cheap. Hang in there.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 08:28:48 AM »
Seems in the heat of debate many get over pasonate about their position. The trolls bring out the best in all of us at times .

SHOOTALL. YEP, very true.
JUSTASHOOTER. With the provacation thrown at you and others I thought you did very well. Several here are masters of it. I simply quit responding to them. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 08:40:55 AM »
To me there are no apologies needed.  It was a discussion, sometimes you let your passions get the better of you.  We all stumble, especially when provoked, it's only human.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 08:44:12 AM »
In sports when a foul is called on you , you don't say I'm sorry you play harder and learn to get your goal (point) across without foul.  ;)
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Online JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 09:16:22 AM »
In sports when a foul is called on you , you don't say I'm sorry you play harder and learn to get your goal (point) across without foul.  ;)

I get what you are saying SHOOTALL, but I wasn't apologizing for the foul.  Had I delivered a nasty, illegal hit and been caught, but that behavior was in line with my nature, or if it had been just part of the game only a bit too aggressive, I'd not have uttered a peep of regret.

Rather, I regretted delivering that "hit" because it violated my own personal code of conduct and I felt that all who witnessed it deserved my apology.

Just a Shooter
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.