Author Topic: Jon Stewart gets it right  (Read 403 times)

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Jon Stewart gets it right
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:24:50 AM »
  Funny video. But, it exposes one way the media works together to choose our government for us. It also shows Ron Paul is the best candidate for the people.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:44:24 AM »
I consider myself a Democrat but a Patriot first and I would vote for Ron Paul.  . Don’t understand why the Republican party continues to ignore him. Some of you hard-core Republicans please enlighten me.

12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:12:09 AM »
I consider myself a Democrat but a Patriot first and I would vote for Ron Paul.  . Don’t understand why the Republican party continues to ignore him. Some of you hard-core Republicans please enlighten me.
Even Fox News  ignored him . inconceivable. Is nothing sacred???

Offline Gary G

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »
It is because Ron Paul is the only one of them that can tell the truth; so they they hate him. The others take money from the defense companies and bankers.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
I don't agree with Jon Stewart that often but he hit a grand slam with this one.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783