Author Topic: Oh No! CVA Optima Trigger Group!!!  (Read 3092 times)

Offline pmang

• Trade Count: (0)
Oh No! CVA Optima Trigger Group!!!
« on: October 11, 2007, 03:31:44 PM »
OK. I know it says NOT to take out the trigger group on a CVA Optima .50 ML. Well, I did. Does anyone have a blueprint or know how I can put it back together? I wanted to shoot it this weekend.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Oh No! CVA Optima Trigger Group!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 03:47:34 PM »
Now's a heck of a time to ask, you should have asked first! ::) Not that I know of, although the Optime Elite is similar to an NEF/H&R, it's also different, you'll need to make a slave pin to get it back together more than likely, or email Mark for help, see the CS sticky above. Perklo's instruction for a Handi may be of help, you can download it at the link below.

Tim

www.perkloafm.com
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline pmang

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 06:16:27 PM »
OMG!!

That's alot of information!

I guess there are just some things a guy should'nt mess with.

Anybody know a gunsmith that can reassemble this in S. Minn or N. Iowa?

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 01:05:43 PM »
all i can say is follow the handi instructions. then try to do the oppiostie of what you did. spend time working on it and you might(Big Might) get it. next time don't go tinkering with it. i have seen too many cases like that. heres where you can find local gunsmiths. take it from me next time you mess with something that your not suppose to you will lose. i bet you were cleaning it right? http://www.magicyellow.com/category/Guns_and_Gunsmiths/Cities.html
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 01:14:57 PM »

If you do mess it up...you might void the warranty on it...so I would give CVA a call...and send it in to them...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline TKSqrd

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »
I know this is later than your original post but, I bought a used Optima Pro and did the same thing. I have spent days looking for schematics for the trigger and have little luck and seeing that most forums complaining that CVA would not help. Now that BPI has taken over it seems thing are going better. I emailed BPI customer service and they responded quickly with a schematic, which I have attached here. Hope this helps and thanks to Jason at BPI Customer Service.

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 12:30:19 PM »
Heres the scoop go to Long Range Hunting Magazine- forums- Optima Elite trigger work. I have the Elite Stalker and it explains that also- I think there the same trigger. It doesn't sound much harder than an H&R.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte