Author Topic: Montana Pronghorn / Mule deer  (Read 1732 times)

Offline taxmiser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Montana Pronghorn / Mule deer
« on: January 04, 2003, 07:10:38 PM »
Well seasoned hunter is willing to help non-resident hunter in the quest for mule deer and/or Pronghorn antelope for ??????  something fun, fishing, hunting, whatever!

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 12:13:19 PM »
:) I don't know if we have any really good hunting here in Wisconsin , but we have whitetails, blackbears, Ruffed Grouse and woodcock, rabbits and sqirrels, and crows. Anything you are interested in?

Offline taxmiser

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 12:59:12 PM »
Appreciate the offer, never know what I will persue.  Let me know how I can help you and I will see what I can do regardless.

Offline Britt

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 01:59:22 PM »
I have a 28 foot Boston Whailer that is totally decked out for fishing here in Bellingham, Washington. We fish out in the San Juan Islands. Have thought about working some kind of trade for a montana hunt but not sure on time or place. Summer would probly be the best when the Kings and Silvers are running, on this end. Would really like to see what we could maybe work out if you were interested. Just some food for thought.
GUN CONTROL IS KEEPING IT BETWEEN THE 9 AND 10 RING.

Offline taxmiser

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 02:22:53 PM »
Hi Britt,
Perfect!  My wife's family is from Mt. Vernon and a brother in Bellingham as well.
Let me know what you are looking for and we will get this program on the road.
I live in Lewistown, the geographical center of the state.  Have taken elk, both species of deer, black bear and antelope with-in 20 miles of my home.  We also have one of the best trout streams in the state running right thru town.
Dale
dalesiemer@hotmail.com

Offline Kenneth Streeter

Antelope hunting
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2003, 11:06:42 PM »
I am interested in antelope hunting. My father was born on the M Bar Ranch near Lewistown and I am wishing to go hunting with him in the area for antelope. We have whitetail, turkeys, and elk in the area. I have some bison on private property that I sell out for hunts. Meat bulls run about $1500. Thanks, Ken
Little Canyon Creek Bison Ranch

Offline taxmiser

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2003, 11:31:14 AM »
Hi Ken,

The "N-Bar" ranch has sold and hunting there has gotten to be suddenly very pricey.  It is stll a beautiful location with Flat Willow Creek running right thru it.

There are some Pronghorn's around the area, but there are far more further east.  If interested in hunting I would suggest putting in for Area 700 where the odds of obtaining a permit is close to 100%.  700 starts about 50 miles east of the N-Bar and runs clear the the North Dakota border.  Huge area with 17,000 permits.  Many of those who are successful in the initial drawing will be offer an optional doe permot in addition to the either-sex permit.

If you would like to persue it further drop me an email and I will help in anyway possible.

Dale