Author Topic: Best National Anthem Ever!  (Read 406 times)

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
Best National Anthem Ever!
« on: September 12, 2011, 05:36:31 AM »
[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/hIO9DLe_-rY[/embed]
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Best National Anthem Ever!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 01:04:08 PM »
I sure can't agree with that. He was LOUD for sure and got the words right at least but I didn't care for his voice. Now dat's one BIG flag fur shore.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
It was a BIG flag for sure. A good rendition of the National A. He sang it the way it was intended. Not jazzed or R&B'd to death. M.Lanza did a much better job IMO, but that was many moons ago.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 01:41:19 PM »
You mean we did not change the anthem to "I'd like to teach the world to sing" like Obama wants and get rid of the bombs and rockets.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 01:52:33 PM »
He knew all the words, unlike Cindy Lauper; and sounded better.He sure hit every note and held them for an impressive period of time. Here are his cridentials-James Cornelison (born c. 1964)[1] is a tenor who sings The Star-Spangled Banner and O Canada at the beginning of home games for the Chicago Blackhawks. Cornelison started singing the anthem for the Blackhawks part time in 1996;[2] he has been singing the national anthem for the Blackhawks full time since 2007. In the 2010-2011 NFL playoffs, Cornelison also sang the anthem for the Chicago Bears.[3] He sang for the Chicago Bulls during the 2011 NBA Playoffs, the day following the death of Osama Bin Laden. He also sang for the Chicago Bears opening game against the Atlanta Falcons of the 2011 football season on September 11, 2011, the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 World Trade Center attack.[4]
Cornelison graduated from Seattle Pacific University with degrees in music and psychology. He then went on to post graduate work and earned a Masters in Music from Indiana University in 1992. In 1995, he moved to Chicago and joined the Lyric Opera Center for American Artists.[5]
Cornelison has won several awards for music, including:[6]
  • The William Matheus Sullivan Foundation Award
  • First place in the American Opera Society of Chicago’s 1997 Vocal Competition
  • The George London Foundation Encouragement Grant

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »
These young ladies here knock the Star Spangled Banner out of the park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PItHw8a7MIQ&feature=related

Pat

" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 05:19:45 PM »
Class act all the way. 
Best I have heard sing the National Antheme Celine Dion (Canadian  :-[ )
Worst by a long shot-- roseanne (HOG) barr