Author Topic: Union teachers creating the world's best schools........  (Read 593 times)

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Union teachers creating the world's best schools........
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 06:26:07 AM »
they have a very small percentage of blacks so they don't have to lower their standards or have to put up with parents yelling racism.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 06:43:46 PM »
they have a very small percentage of blacks so they don't have to lower their standards or have to put up with parents yelling racism.

I doubt their minorities like the Laplanders would wear their pants below their butt, besides, their butts would freeze off. ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 06:56:08 AM »
Don't most Americans want our schools to be good? Or does America want our schools to fail? Just wanting schools to be good does not make them so.
I guess its kind of impossible for our schools to be good when our government and the teachers unions have other agendas, then to educate our children with what they need to know to be successful. Obviously holding tax payers hostage to ever increasing teachers salaries, and just throwing money at education has not worked. So maybe we should try something else, like throwing some good ole common sense toward education.
Its the same old drum beat all the time. "we need higher teacher salaries for our schools to be successful" Think it might be time to try something else, than to keep raising taxes so teachers can have more and more goodies, and unions can funnel more and more money to bureaucrats, while our education system continues to fail?

Getting rid of the NEA would be a good start, so school districts could keep the good teachers, and get rid of the chaff. Along with the unions leaving so would tenure. No more teacher jobs being guaranteed. Teachers would actually have to prove themselves worthy to keep their job. You know kind of like how all private sector business is run. Getting rid of Washington bureaucrats dictating how and what our children are taught would be a good idea also. Washington Bureaucrats can ruin anything, and they have done a great job destroying our education, which in turn helps to destroy a nation. Especially a Constitutional Republic.               
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 07:14:26 AM »
my daughter was in advanced classes all through school.  not because she was especially brilliant but because we kicked her butt and made her study.
nowadays, the good teachers have to spend too much time on disipline. it's a no-win situation.
disruptive students can no longer be punished and we are swiftly becoming a nation of idiots.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
  • Security is the ability to take care of yourself.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 10:00:50 AM »
A union does not make a teacher good. The two are not exclusive. My hat is off to the good teachers in the world and staff and to the excellent home school teachers. Lifers, old crabs, perverts etc., need not apply.

The Hermit

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 04:52:14 PM »
Yeehaa, that's why so many spelling Bees & Math contests are won by home schooled kids I guess. ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 07:42:23 AM »
I wonder if Finland puts up with immigrants wanting their host country to adopt their native countries laws and language.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 09:33:53 AM »
I wonder if Finland puts up with immigrants wanting their host country to adopt their native countries laws and language.
I kinda doubt it.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye