Author Topic: Polish Conman "Apollo13"  (Read 3615 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Polish Conman "Apollo13"
« on: April 01, 2012, 07:05:45 AM »
This guy just registered here today and posted some Mauser scopes and a German dagger, he's banned from GBO now.

Tim

http://www.shooting.com.au/forum/index.php?/topic/15917-conman-warning/

http://www.thirdreichmedals.com/pictures/pawel.html

Posted 27 Mar 2012 - 11:59 AM

hi guys, just letting you know about a Polish conman who advertises various militaria including scopes and mounts for sale.

I recently found a German ww2 zf39 scope and mount for sale on firearmsales.com.au, very cheap at $350. I emailed the guy and got a reply saying he used to live in sydney but now lives in poland and is selling some of his stuff etc etc etc, if I wanted the scope it was mine etc. I wanted to have another look at the advertisement but it was no longer on the website so I asked him why it wasnt there anymore, he said it wasnt removed by the website but that he took it off etc etc etc.

I thought it sounded a bit dodgy so did a quick internet search on his email address and name and lo and behold it appears he has been scamming people all over the world. He has been selling anything from antique Japanese swords, fake treasure maps and various millitaria products. He tries to get you to pay with that western union money transfer and apparently askes for half payment upfront then the other half on delivery, but once you pay you never hear from him again. He is in Poland he even sends you copies of a drivers licence and passport etc in order to try and gain your trust.

his details are:

Pawel Tomasz Nowak, and his Email address is currently apollo13@windowslive.com but he has used several different ones over the years apparently.

Beware this scammer, if you see an advertisement for anything by him ignore it! I saw his advertisement for the ZF 39 scope and mount on firearmsales.com.au but had a quick look and found him advertising on other international sites as well.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGHP_en___US445&q=apollo13@windowslive.com

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Polish Conman "Apollo13"
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »
Thanks for looking out for us quickdtoo.
Molon labe

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 03:38:25 AM »
He seems to be using all sorts of names and posted a similar thing on a British Deer stalking forum. This is a reply to his ad thread there:-

"" Please be aware the thread starter is a known scammer and has been at it for years. His real name is Pawel Nowakand he operates from many locations and goes by many pseudonyms. As a note to the site staff, I would advise banning this member and blocking his IP address. ""
Hope that is of some use

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 05:13:17 AM »
See the second link I posted, there are pics of his DL and passport even!!

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain